• Views 4,527,727
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Astrocity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information guys. Is there a bundle or version I should look for a better chance? Also, ones to avoid?

The new xl is the only one available right?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the information guys. Is there a bundle or version I should look for a better chance? Also, ones to avoid?

The new xl is the only one available right?
Any limited edition except Monster Hunter Generations will be less than 11.0.

What do you mean by it's the only one available?

Astrocity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if there is more than sku available. I tried this on my og 3ds and hard bricked on step 2. I see on the page that downgrade is possible so worse case scenario that's the road I go down?

What speed card should I buy.

Thanks again for the help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I am not sure if there is more than sku available. I tried this on my og 3ds and hard bricked on step 2. I see on the page that downgrade is possible so worse case scenario that's the road I go down?

What speed card should I buy.

Thanks again for the help.
Yep downgrading is pretty straightforward.
How did you hard brick? Did you use the wrong region CTR transfer? I thought the tools would detect that and stop you :unsure:

Astrocity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep downgrading is pretty straightforward.
How did you hard brick? Did you use the wrong region CTR transfer? I thought the tools would detect that and stop you :unsure:
I think I powered off at the wrong time. I've been doing this for 10 plus years first time I've hard bricked. Felt so stupid! Just a blinking blue light. Not sure if it's worth fixing.

Reactions: Quantumcat

OmigaKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That package does not contain the ones for 11.1. And the powersaves images have not been released yet.
Got it, well I'm ready whenever that happens haha! I got the power saves just so that I can do so. I accidently added Yellow8's bin, I removed it. I'm sitting on a downgrade from 11.1 so that is all I need left hopefully.

Curry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do I make a backup of/restore my savegames?

I recently installed A9LH/Luma3DS using Plailect's guide and I'm unsure how to make a backup of my saves. Do I have to use a tool like SaveDataFiler/JKSMK or can I just copy the folder "SD:/Nintendo 3DS/****/****/title/****/00183600/data" for example?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I make a backup of/restore my savegames?

I recently installed A9LH/Luma3DS using Plailect's guide and I'm unsure how to make a backup of my saves. Do I have to use a tool like SaveDataFiler/JKSMK or can I just copy the folder "SD:/Nintendo 3DS/****/****/title/****/00183600/data" for example?
Install JKSM as a cia.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what is a CTRNAND backup and how is this different than a sysNAND backup? I have made sysNAND backups before via decrypt9, but now with this new update I see posts being made that say to make a CTRNAND backup... Is a sysNAND backup good enough? I have A9HL+Luma.

Last edited by fireguy85,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To keep all of my data and NNID safe in preparation for the DSiware downgrade, I did a system transfer from a n3DS (system A) to a spare n3DSXL (system B) I had lying around. On my new A9LH n3DS (system C), I made a dummy NNID so that I could take advantage of steelhax because for whatever reason, oot3dhax didn't want to load (or I somehow had the wrong payload). When I system transfer from system C to system A to do the downgrade, the dummy NNID goes with it. So, when Section V of the DSiware guide, when it says:
Do one of the following (or neither if you don't mind *3DS #1's** NNID being nonfunctional)*
  • Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on 3DS #2, then wait one week, then System Transfer from 3DS #2 back to 3DS #1 (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS to an Old 3DS)
  • Go to the settings and attempt sign back into your initial NNID, then call Nintendo and ask about the error you get.

couldn't I just format system A (which unlinks the dummy NNID) after doing the downgrade and A9LH setup so that I can transfer everything back from system B to system A after waiting the week needed?

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With regards to the new update for 3DS, what is CTRNAND and how do I go about backing it up? I have decrypt9WIP available. I think I'm over reading it and thinking it's something more unique due to wording but still I want to be sure.

Context:
"Looks like a9lh and other cfw emunands are working on 11.1 based on early reports. Make sure you have a CTRNAND backup on 11.0 before updating a9lh and use a CFW that has firm protect (hint: luma3ds). Also make sure your home menu is clean before updating."

Last edited by Stash23,

svira

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Any cheat program that work with cake cfw native firm 10.4? Already try NTR, look like it doesnt support 10.4 native.

Thanks in advance

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
With regards to the new update for 3DS, what is CTRNAND and how do I go about backing it up? I have decrypt9WIP available. I think I'm over reading it and thinking it's something more unique due to wording but still I want to be sure.

Context:
"Looks like a9lh and other cfw emunands are working on 11.1 based on early reports. Make sure you have a CTRNAND backup on 11.0 before updating a9lh and use a CFW that has firm protect (hint: luma3ds). Also make sure your home menu is clean before updating."
I think they just mean a regular NAND backup, so if anything doesn't work you can just revert to your pre-update state.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
8dfbd8b9a3c0e3d4d469dcb5380452ea.jpg

Is there anything I can do with this firmware?

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
http://i.imgur.com/2yKzO32.jpg

O3DS : Sys. 11.0.0-33U
N3DS : Sys. 11.0.0-33U => NNID with Fieldrunner
N3DS : Sys. 11.1.0-34U
N3DS : Ver. 11.1.0-34U => the console wich I'm trying to hack

my question is:
can i do transfer NNID to the console that i want to hack without upgrading ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ignore my question , i'll backup 11.0 then i'll upgrade to 11.1 .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...