• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

jake6a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another bit of advice: please, for the love of everything that is good and whatever in this world, please read the guide before you completely set up everything so that you know what you're doing. And make sure to re-read the steps before you complete them. Messing up at this point is mostly user error.
Don't worry :) I am a developer myself

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another bit of advice: please, for the love of everything that is good and whatever in this world, please read the guide before you completely set up everything so that you know what you're doing. And make sure to re-read the steps before you complete them. Messing up at this point is mostly user error.
Quick question, when I get a new SD card, do I need to reformat for EmuNAND, etc.. or just copy the files from the current one?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry :) I am a developer myself

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question, when I get a new SD card, do I need to reformat for EmuNAND, etc.. or just copy the files from the current one?
If you go the A9LH route, all you need to do is copy the files from the current one. If your SD card is greater than 32 GB, you will need to format it to FAT32.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,
I used this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) from Plailect. After finishing section IV from part 5 I couldnt boot anything (Luma3DS, EmuNAND9 ect) instead it goes straight to the 3ds homescreen. Can someone help me?

PS. I used Decrypt9 to restore my SysNAND instead of Hourglass9.
Did you tick the "Keep A9LH" option? If not, sounds like you now have an updated, unhacked console unfortunately. You can double check by taking the SD card out and turning it on. If the light goes on then off, and it doesn't boot, you still have A9LH. If it boots normally, you no longer have A9LH. This is why the guide uses Hourglass9 not Decrypt9 so it's not possible to do this.

jake6a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go the A9LH route, all you need to do is copy the files from the current one. If your SD card is greater than 32 GB, you will need to format it to FAT32.
I'm stuck in Part 4. Section V. step 8,

RedNAND does not boot (using Luma3DS), do I try to do a redNAND restore?

EDIT: Nevermind, booting the 4th time worked

nickf

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you tick the "Keep A9LH" option? If not, sounds like you now have an updated, unhacked console unfortunately. You can double check by taking the SD card out and turning it on. If the light goes on then off, and it doesn't boot, you still have A9LH. If it boots normally, you no longer have A9LH. This is why the guide uses Hourglass9 not Decrypt9 so it's not possible to do this.
The 3ds indeed boots even without SD card. Seems I was careless and fucked up. The only option for me is to hardmod if I understand correctly? (What I wont do.) Thank you for you'r help in advance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The 3ds indeed boots even without SD card. Seems I was careless and fucked up. The only option for me is to hardmod if I understand correctly? (What I wont do.) Thank you for you'r help in advance.
Yep. Hardmod + exploit game. If you have another hacked 3DS, you can buy Fieldrunners on it and do the DSiWare downgrade method (still needs an exploit game).

Reactions: Latyana

nickf

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep. Hardmod + exploit game. If you have another hacked 3DS, you can buy Fieldrunners on it and do the DSiWare downgrade method (still needs an exploit game).
Hmm, maybe I would look into the DSIWare downgrade. Now to get a haced 3DS:P. Thanks again for the info and have a nice day.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downgraded back to 9.2 but the it crashed when it said "downgrade complete and trying to reboot." Am I supposed to do it again or im good? The guide said its safe to turn it off but im just making sure.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downgraded back to 9.2 but the it crashed when it said "downgrade complete and trying to reboot." Am I supposed to do it again or im good? The guide said its safe to turn it off but im just making sure.
What do you mean by "crash"? Did it freeze at that point? Dis you have any other errors during the downgrade?

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "crash"? Did it freeze at that point? Dis you have any other errors during the downgrade?
After is said "downgrade complete" it tried to reboot after 10 seconds. It said "Trying to reboot" it frozed and I turned it off. I did not see any files with error, they all said good

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat I got confused the other day when I asked about what DS flashcart to get that works with A9LH and Luma. What would you recommend if you don't mind me asking again?
If you have CFW you can use nearly any DS flashcart (even ones blocked on DSi), as there's things you can install to make them work. Most concerning thing is choosing a reliable website - do a search on GBATemp for any website you're thinking of using to see if anything negative (or positive) comes up.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the r4 card that works on the original ds also works on 3ds? I don't need a special r4 card for it? I've had one for years on the original ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn