3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ayy lmao

ayy lmao GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2015
    United States
    To downgrade, I tried it like 7 times and it get stuck at "HAX INT". I even opened up menuhax and ftpbrony and I get the same results. Do I sysupdater or safesysupdater instead? I remember when I did it with my O3DS, it took me one or two tries.

2. Protatoxxxeater

Protatoxxxeater GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2016
    United States
    I didn't ask about a NNID

3. mercenary96

mercenary96 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Berlin
    Ah no, i think it never stopped there for me. Well but the guide says that it can take many times, so maybe its normal ..

4. ayy lmao

ayy lmao GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2015
    United States
    I read to check if the downgrade worked, I have to install a 10.4 payload for oot and run it on 3ds #2 to see if I can get to homebrew and see if it worked. Someone recommended using safesysupdater because plaisysupdater may not work. I have to see if the 10.4 payload will work, I don't want to brick my console :(

5. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    Oh ok nice nice I'm gonna do that.
    Thank you :D

6. jake6a

jake6a Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    Is it okay if I connect to WiFi? I don't want my system to auto update?

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The system itself cannot auto-update. You have to physically update it yourself. So, yes it is safe to connect to Wi-Fi.

8. jake6a

jake6a Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    I see, great thanks a lot, I am following the guide now. Also, does this guide contain how to back up (NAND) and such? To protect from potential bricks? If not, where can I backup everything (NAND-wise) ?

9. ayy lmao

ayy lmao GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2015
    United States
    Is it true when downgrading to 9.2, I'm supposed to use a small gb sd card? I have the 2gb that came with the system. I'm currently using a 32gb one, should I switch it with the 2gb one?

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    What part of the guide are you on now?

11. jake6a

jake6a Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    I am going to run the downgrade to 9.2 now (part 2)

12. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    During Part 2, you will use EmuNAND9 to back up your sysNAND to sysNAND.bin.

If you plan to go the A9LH route:
    Part 4 has you backup your emuNAND and sysNAND to emuNAND_original.bin, sysNAND_original.bin, and emuNAND_formatted.bin using OTPHelper.

Part 5 has you back up your A9LH-sysNAND to sysNAND.bin, which you will rename to sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin using Hourglass9.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Jul 27, 2016
  13. jake6a

jake6a Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    Downgrade has failed (Nintendo error on touch screen), now HBLauncher will not load (black screen), should I re do it with browser hax again?

14. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Does your system settings say "Ver. 9.2.0-20U"? If yes, do browserhax again and redo the downgrade.

15. jake6a

jake6a Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    Done and downgrade complete to 9.2.0
    Now backing up sysNAND, should I follow through to Part 5? (This includes downgrading to 2.1.0 as well?)

16. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I recommend it, however it's up to you. The method you'll be using to access your emuNAND after you create it is menuhax, which doesn't have a reliable bootrate. A9LH has a 100% bootrate and is practically safe from Nintendo's future software updates. I've installed A9LH on 3 of my systems and I don't regret it one bit.

One piece of advice I can give is that if you decide not to go down the A9LH route, make sure you do Section II - Installing FBI in Part 4 of the guide so that you can install CIAs using FBI on your emuNAND.

17. jake6a

jake6a Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    I guess I will go through the recommended route, up till Part 5, I will update you in the meantime

KunoichiZ likes this.
  18. ayy lmao

ayy lmao GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2015
    United States
    I believe I did the DSI downgrade wrong. I did plaisysupdater and safesysupater and I always get "HAX INT". I did this many times and used ftp brony and menuhax and I get the same thing. Does this only work using menuhax? What could have I done wrong?

19. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Another bit of advice: please, for the love of everything that is good and whatever in this world, please read the guide before you completely set up everything so that you know what you're doing. And make sure to re-read the steps before you complete them. Messing up at this point is mostly user error.

20. nickf

nickf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hello,
    I used this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) from Plailect. After finishing section IV from part 5 I couldnt boot anything (Luma3DS, EmuNAND9 ect) instead it goes straight to the 3ds homescreen. Can someone help me?

PS. I used Decrypt9 to restore my SysNAND instead of Hourglass9.

Last edited by nickf, Jul 27, 2016
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted