• Views 4,528,155
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i use that? I don't have emu in front of my fw#, should i still format sysnand?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you so much fireguy85, you got me in!

You're welcome. It helps to have gone through this process 3 times in the last week ;)

You will obtain A9LH by completing Parts 4 and 5.

If you don't see Emu in front, then you're not in Luma/emuNAND. Don't update.

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're welcome. It helps to have gone through this process 3 times in the last week ;)

You will obtain A9LH by completing Parts 4 and 5.

If you don't see Emu in front, then you're not in Luma/emuNAND. Don't update.
OMG. Now I get redscreen booting the homebrew launcher... why???
EDIT: Didn't have the SD in....... I have been at this literally all day...

Last edited by duFunk,

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG. Now I get redscreen booting the homebrew launcher... why???
EDIT: Didn't have the SD in....... I have been at this literally all day...

Man, just take a break after you're done with Part 3 lol.

Aim for Part 4 & 5 another day.

HELP!!!

Is it safe for me to update my 3ds?

1 - n3ds xl sys 9.2-emu 10.7 reinand
2 - o3ds xl sys 9.2-emu 10.7 rxtools

Yes, go for it. Your emuNANDs that is.

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, just take a break after you're done with Part 3 lol.

Aim for Part 4 & 5 another day.

Yes, go for it. Your emuNANDs that is.
Ok, I promise I'll take a break, as soon as I find out why now menuhax will not install. It says it's requesting the payload.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I promise I'll take a break, as soon as I find out why now menuhax will not install. It says it's requesting the payload.

Are you sure it didn't just hang/freeze? Try running it again. Maybe it did successfully install? Try holding D-Pad Down (or other trigger if you set it up differently) during boot to test it out.

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am fully downgraded. I re installed the hombrew after my initial downgrade froze towards the end and followed the steps again in order to downgrade a second time.
Since it's kinda late in CALI, I will continue the a9lh tut tmrw.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Currently on part 3 of the a9lh tutorial and had a question about formatting the sd card since I am downgraded to 9.2 now.

I want to copy the files for part 3 and want to see if I can format the sd in order to have only the files needed for rednand part.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but is a9lh able to go online to game and use the eshop?
Thanks

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on part 3 of the a9lh tutorial and had a question about formatting the sd card since I am downgraded to 9.2 now.

I want to copy the files for part 3 and want to see if I can format the sd in order to have only the files needed for rednand part.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but is a9lh able to go online to game and use the eshop?
Thanks
I'd say just keep following the guide, by the end of it, it'll tell you what's safe to delete of your SD card. But I would still keep all the emunand and sysnand backups it makes you do, as well as your console specific otp.bin file. Please remember that the OTP.bin file is console specific, do not mix up the OTP.bin file of your o3ds with the one of your N3DS.

A9LH+CFW Sysnand lets you play online and use the eshop just fine. Play my cart copies of Pokemon just fine, and my eshop bough titles are just fine as well, can make purchases just fine as well.

Reactions: daddie05

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say just keep following the guide, by the end of it, it'll tell you what's safe to delete of your SD card. But I would still keep all the emunand and sysnand backups it makes you do, as well as your console specific otp.bin file. Please remember that the OTP.bin file is console specific, do not mix up the OTP.bin file of your o3ds with the one of your N3DS.

A9LH+CFW Sysnand lets you play online and use the eshop just fine. Play my cart copies of Pokemon just fine, and my eshop bough titles are just fine as well, can make purchases just fine as well.
Great to know. Im eager to be done!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a decent working PS1 emulator for N3DS? On the RetroArch nightlies thread it only lists pcsx, and says its not playable due to low frame rate. Is this the only option available?

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I FRIGGEN DID IT!!!!!!!! ARM9LHAX YES!!
Now one question, is it as simple as copying contents of SD to go to a larger card? I have 16GB, but I'm thinking just in case might go for a 32.
THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you update SysNAND(with A9LH and Luma3DS installed) to 11.0.0 using System Settings with GW SysNAND Mode, will it cause a hardbrick?
I accidentally did this a few days ago and my N3DS got hardbricked. Well, it was my fault that I didn't think twice before updating SysNAND via GW SysNAND Mode, so I've learned my lesson and I'll get over it. (though I wasted like $150 and had to buy another N3DS:O)
But I'm wondering if updating SysNAND using System Settings with GW SysNAND Mode will always result in a hardbricked console?

Last edited by Emenaria,

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !

I'm back for my friend. So, i've helped him in order to setup SysNand + Luma3DS RedNand. He didn't want to try a9lh for the moment, it's up to him. But now he would like to update his RedNand (of course) to 11.0, but he's looking in fix his payload. He has a 10.7 RedNAND with menuhax and he has this payload on his N3DS :
ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR12288_new3ds

any way to rename / download a new one ?

Thanks o/

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have sysNand on 9.2 rxTools on 11.0 and I don't have an Autoboot, means when I start my O3DS I have to visit a website to launch rxTools...
Now I want Arm9, where do I start? Can I keep my Games on EmuNand? Please help a Newbie

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FRIGGEN DID IT!!!!!!!! ARM9LHAX YES!!
Now one question, is it as simple as copying contents of SD to go to a larger card? I have 16GB, but I'm thinking just in case might go for a 32.
THANK YOU GUYS!!!
For A9LH+CFW SysNAND systems, yes, it's that easy. Just format the SD Card to FAT32 with 32kb or 64kb cluster size. For cards above 32GB, you'll need to use a third-party tool on Windows to do this. You can also use Emunand9. If you followed the guide to the end, you would just hold Y at boot, then just press Select to unmount your old SD Card, then put in the new one and you would go to SD Format Options and choose Format SD (no emuNAND). Then you'd just turn off your 3DS and go to a computer and copy the contents of your old SD Card onto the new one, and your done.

For menuhax+rednand setups, things are slightly different, and not as easy as just drag and drop.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way of loading 3ds games on firmaware 10.7(i think) ...... without buying gateway or another flash cart?
On 10.7, you'll need Ninjhax (Copy of Cubic Ninja) or oot3dhax (Copy of OOT + Powersaves) - As there is no free method to downgrading to 9.2 to get CFW setup.
If you just want to play .3ds files though and not deal with downgrading and CFW, Sky3DS+ is probably your only option. You'll still need to get private headers to play online.
If you want a Gateway, you'll have to downgrade to use their card.

If you decide on CFW, then this is the guide most people recommend: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I have a monster hunter edition n3ds, if I were to downgrade to install a9lh + cfw, would I lose my save file?
You could probably use a save manager on the Homebrew Launcher to backup all your saves. Though I am not very knowledgeable on this.

Anyways, it's recommended to format your system memory prior to doing the downgrade, however you can take the risk and downgrade without the format, but if you end up on a soft-brick you'll be forced to update to 11.0, which can only be downgrade via hard mod. Link: https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8#issuecomment-218588857

Hi !

I'm back for my friend. So, i've helped him in order to setup SysNand + Luma3DS RedNand. He didn't want to try a9lh for the moment, it's up to him. But now he would like to update his RedNand (of course) to 11.0, but he's looking in fix his payload. He has a 10.7 RedNAND with menuhax and he has this payload on his N3DS :
ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR12288_new3ds

any way to rename / download a new one ?

Thanks o/
That payload is for Menuhax, which relies on the 9.2 sysNAND. Because you should never update sysNAND, changing//renaming the payload does not apply to him. If he installs the Homebrew Launcher on his redNAND though, he'll need to download the payload for that.

I have sysNand on 9.2 rxTools on 11.0 and I don't have an Autoboot, means when I start my O3DS I have to visit a website to launch rxTools...
Now I want Arm9, where do I start? Can I keep my Games on EmuNand? Please help a Newbie
I would say, just backup your current emuNAND and your current Nintendo3DS folder, then start from scratch with the guide. When you get to the Part 5, Section IV, and it asks you to restore emunand_original.bin, I would just use your rxtools emunand backup. Then by the end of Part 5, Section V, copy your old Nintendo3DS folder that corresponded with your rxtools emunand.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

However, may I ask why you don't have an autoboot setup? Most of the old guides mentioned how to do this and suggested it. I wouldn't recommend A9LH if you're one to rush things, as the guide for newbies can be quite long. I personally take 1-2 hours to do it now, but first timers can take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours. I took 3-4~ hours on my first run btw. Also, I hope I didn't come of as mean or anything.

Anyways, hope I was able to answer most questions you guys and gals had! Have a lovely day~! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: who is lizzo?