• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ok so im looking at this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ so i dont have gateway or cubic ninja so i gotta do steps
1 1-7
then skip to step 2
step 3 then 4a?

im i little confused as there are other instructions and im not sure where they end

Yeah, I believe it's exactly as you said. Just follow the ones that you actually can do. The stuff about GW or Ninjhax you can skip since it's not for your case.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Hhey,

so I have a new3DS but currently not sure if I should Start play with PastaCFW now or wait for Rxtools 3.0?

Will rxtools support a EmuNand?

Pasta is great since shop access + spoof to actual FW :-)

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hhey,

so I have a new3DS but currently not sure if I should Start play with PastaCFW now or wait for Rxtools 3.0?

Will rxtools support a EmuNand?

Pasta is great since shop access + spoof to actual FW :-)

rxTools supports Emunand.

For now i'd use Reinand over Pasta since it also has Emunand.
If you want to switch to rxTools later, you could.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 9.0 sysnand i deleted twl-firm and the ds whitelist and replaced them with lower version ones hopeing to get my blue cart working

i cant get mset or blue cart to work so my question is which version do i put back

forbidden403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
How can I create title.db and import.db. I just right-clicked > New > text file and renamed it to title.db but it's not .db. It is title.db.txt. I don't know how to remove .txt. Anyone knows?

Attachments

• title.jpg
    title.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 135

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I create title.db and import.db. I just right-clicked > New > text file and renamed it to title.db but it's not .db. It is title.db.txt. I don't know how to remove .txt. Anyone knows?

Click start > type: hide extension > click show or hide file extension > uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" > Apply > delete the .txt at the end of your files.

Nightblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey,
I just bought a new sd card to install Rxtools to my 9.2 console. However i have a game installed on my original sd card from eshop namely Pokemon X. I have awful lot of play time on that and i don't want to lose my savefiles or the game. Is there a way to keep my game or the saves when installing Rxtools and emunand?

Zafiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys , I have a Nintendo 2DS with OFW 9.4.0-21E , and my question is that is any free method to play free games or any method to hack my 2DS with no flashcards. PD: If this can help to hack my 2DS , i have a DS Flashcard (R4) that works in my 2DS. Have a nice day guys and thanks! :lol:

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woot i installed rxtools . . . i think :unsure:
i cant inject fbi on systemnand 2ds 6.0.0.12u - can i use fbi in emunand to install fbi on systemnand?
is it safe to delete cia installed games or do i need another cia manager because i don't see a option to delete in fbi?
can i trim .3ds or .3dz files before i convert to .cia? and would it even matter?
thanks in advance:bow:

edit:also is it safe for me to use the whitelist fix on 2ds?

Last edited by wormdood,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys , I have a Nintendo 2DS with OFW 9.4.0-21E , and my question is that is any free method to play free games or any method to hack my 2DS with no flashcards. PD: If this can help to hack my 2DS , i have a DS Flashcard (R4) that works in my 2DS. Have a nice day guys and thanks! :lol:

Nope, your system has to be on firmware below 9.2.0 to hack your 2DS.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
woot i installed rxtools . . . i think :unsure:
i cant inject fbi on systemnand 2ds 6.0.0.12u - can i use fbi in emunand to install fbi on systemnand?
is it safe to delete cia installed games or do i need another cia manager because i don't see a option to delete in fbi?
can i trim .3ds or .3dz files before i convert to .cia? and would it even matter?
thanks in advance:bow:

edit:also is it safe for me to use the whitelist fix on 2ds?
6.x in general seems to have many bugs related to rxtools, so it's no surprised. Have you tried putting the .app and .tmd files back on the SD though? After injecting in emunand, it will delete those files (I'm not sure the reason why).

You cannot use FBI in emunand to install to sysnand.

You can delete with FBI as well. Just press R to switch to mode= delete title, and destination to where the title is installed to (I assume you know that 3ds and GBA games, and homebrew, install to SD; only DSi and system titles install to nand).

.CIA are already at the smallest size it can be. So a trimmed .3ds is the same size as a .CIA.

If you mean the DS card whitelist (bluecardfix.CIA or the timewarp CIA), then yes, it's safe.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope.
Edit: Looks like the thread opened up a page behind for me, already answered. :)

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but there are way too many pages and I already looked through the FAQ @.@.

I was just wondering about the NAND backup process (before you do any gateway hacking). Since you're backing the nand on the SD card, around how much memory is the nand going to take up? I'm scared of running out of space on the SD card and somehow screwing up the process. I have a 8GB SD card in there currently and I only have one legit game (Ace Attorney dual destinies) along with some miscellaneous demos so I'm not too worried, but better safe than sorry.

Also just to make sure, I can play 9.2+ physical games on the 3DS once I have my emunand running right? I bought some games but I can't play them until I update which is the reason I decided it was time to buy a gateway (which I'm only buying for region lock purposes) :P.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT