• Views 4,533,351
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to say i successfully updated my realnand to 4.5.0U without problems (seems like that without firmware spoof luigi's mansion asked update instantly so i decided to risk and worth it :lol:)

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happens to eshop games if i switch the R4i launcher from 3.2b back to 3.0b? Will they still run when loading emunand? will their data and saves be corrupted? Just asking before I switch over

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
What happens if I change the region settings of the 3DS on the emu nand classic mode, will this affect the region settings in the real nand?? Also I want to know the impact of changing the region in general.. How does it affect e-store access? And is there a limited number of times for being able to change it?

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only a few a microSD cards, but will I lose my saves everytime I switch out a game from my MicroSd to another? Or are the save files placed elsewhere?

Argona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering something about Gateway 3DS. If I change the game on the 3ds card, will the save game still be there if I switched back/when multirom comes out?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we dont know the details yet or even if the save files will be compatible
they might just leave the save files as is on the 3ds sd card so the end user wont have to worry about moving files ect...

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of saves, I'm sharing my ds so we play one game at the same time but that game only has one save file. Is it okay to just get two SD cards (the one that holds the save files) and swap it out when each of us wants to play. (i have a gateway)
Will the ds create the same "Nintendo Folders on the second folder" on the new sd or should i just copy paste everything from the original card?

Thanks gamequest!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think if you copy the folders over before you plug it into the 3DS you will be fine, it only changes the folder names if a new SD is plugged in without your existing files already on it

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello guys, my firmware is 4.2 is at the moment. is there any way I can update it to 4.5? do I need to buy certain game or can I just use a rom to update?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You don't need to update. There isn't much difference between 4.2 and. 4.5 apart from nintendo trying to block flash cards between those versions.
If you have a gateway card, you can use a rom to do the update to 4.5 using gateway launcher version 1.0 to update it. Can't do it from any other version or from the clone launchers. But I think even this method is not recommended.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay then. I just tested new super mario bros 2, apparently I cannot play it. my 3ds displayed error. not sure why, not like I miss anything though, I don;t really like NSMB series.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based off what control we have now over the 3DS, do permanent custom firmwares seem optimistically feasible in the future?

To be clear I've read about Smea's CFW and its possibilities back in Oct '13, but it came across as needing to be 'tethered' so to speak. Is there any indication there might be a permanent solution?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Based off what control we have now over the 3DS, do permanent custom firmwares seem optimistically feasible in the future?

To be clear I've read about Smea's CFW and its possibilities back in Oct '13, but it came across as needing to be 'tethered' so to speak. Is there any indication there might be a permanent solution?

Not yet AFAIK.

bigusheadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't seen anyone mention it so I wanted to ask, can you can use the blue gateway card in an original Nintendo DS to run roms on or is it only compatible with 3ds in classic mode?

Mega Ta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...