Hardware 3DS No longer turns on.

gg132

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, this system is not modded. I just wanted to get that out of the way.

The other night I was using my 3ds and when returning to the home screen (From a DS game) the system froze. I held the power button down to turn off the system. When I turned it on I was greeted to a Bootrom blue screen. I turned off the system again and now its just a black screen that doesn't load. I was charging it with a 3rd party charger through a laptop so I'm not sure if that might have something to do with it. However, I copied everything from my SD card and put it back into the system and it turned on briefly, only to get an error message saying to contact Nintendo. After that, I just get the black screen and nothing else.

I was just wondering if there is any way to fix it without modding. If not is it possible to at least keep my Friend list and VC game saves safe? or even transfer them to another system?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, this system is not modded. I just wanted to get that out of the way.

The other night I was using my 3ds and when returning to the home screen (From a DS game) the system froze. I held the power button down to turn off the system. When I turned it on I was greeted to a Bootrom blue screen. I turned off the system again and now its just a black screen that doesn't load. I was charging it with a 3rd party charger through a laptop so I'm not sure if that might have something to do with it. However, I copied everything from my SD card and put it back into the system and it turned on briefly, only to get an error message saying to contact Nintendo. After that, I just get the black screen and nothing else.

I was just wondering if there is any way to fix it without modding. If not is it possible to at least keep my Friend list and VC game saves safe? or even transfer them to another system?
To fix it u have to mod it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Have you tried booting it without the SD card?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Only thing I've done is take it out then put it back in and boot it (Which did briefly work). I can without it though.

Edit: Nope, didn't work.
If it is a software issue (corrupted NAND) you can get a ntrboot compatible DS flashcart, there is a list here, note that many of them require a working DS/DSi/3DS to use for flashing ntrboot, some have it preflashed: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot and perform a ctrtransfer to flash a working NAND to it. If it turns out it's a hardware issue there's not much you can do.
Here are the steps for ctrtransfer, they aren't the exact same as the steps you'll use when doing it through ntrboot but the method is the same: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: