Hacking 3DS new firmware update

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been asked!

I want to update my 3ds to the latest firmware so that I can access the Nintendo eShop and download Harmonoknight. Only problem is that I am unsure that this will make me unable to use my R4i RTS 3DS Gold (www.r4ids.cn) card anymore. Has there been an update for this card released yet to go along with the newest official 3ds firmware? Also, any more suggestions on what I should do about this? Can I get Harmonoknight using some other method?

Thanks in advance:)

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
yes
Has there been an update for this card released yet to go along with the newest official 3ds firmware? Also, any more suggestions on what I should do about this? Can I get Harmonoknight using some other method?

Thanks in advance:)
Yes there is, but maybe your cart is not compatible with the latest update.

Check if your cart is one of those on this list if it is the read the readme and folow the instructions:
http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

to check the revision number on your cart you will need to open the cart :)

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I do something foolish I wanted to ask someone first. My 3ds is still at USA version 5.1.0-11U and I wanted to go to the Nintendo e-shop, and it's going to ask me to update. Not sure what to do?? The last thing I heard was something about cutting a piece on the R4i

My card is from r4ids.cn and I checked the inside of my card and it has a letter "C"
-----> ( http://gbatemp.net/uploads/gallery/album_245/gallery_746_245_3049140.png )

UPDATE: I followed this video and it worked my 3ds is updated to 6.1 and works perfectly!! :grog:

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a second 3DS.

I did forget to mention that I do have another 3DS. Here are some specifics that I also forgot to explain about both of my 3DS systems.

First of all, I have a Japanese version regular 3DS that has firmware Ver. 6.1.0-12J installed (which is the latest firmware I think).
Next, I have a US 3DS XL with firmware Ver. 4.5.0-9U installed.I also have a DS Lite.

What I would like to be able to do is to play my R4i RTS 3DS Gold card in my Japanese 3DS as well (I am currently using my US 3DS XL to play my flashcart).
Can I use either my US XL or DS Lite to update the firmware on my R4i card so I can play it with firmware 6.1.0-12J?

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I have been to r4ids.cn and downloaded the latest upgrade patch and wood kernel. I ran the upgrade on my US 3DS XL, and also put the new kernel files onto the root of my card. It says that the update was a success, but the card still won`t run on my regular JP 3DS Ver. 6.1.0-12J. I read something about cutting the signal line between C1 and R9 (?)..should I do this? And how do you open the card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...