3DS new firmware update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by neko_koneko, Jul 10, 2013.

1. neko_koneko
    OP

neko_koneko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    Sorry if this has already been asked!

I want to update my 3ds to the latest firmware so that I can access the Nintendo eShop and download Harmonoknight. Only problem is that I am unsure that this will make me unable to use my R4i RTS 3DS Gold (www.r4ids.cn) card anymore. Has there been an update for this card released yet to go along with the newest official 3ds firmware? Also, any more suggestions on what I should do about this? Can I get Harmonoknight using some other method?

Thanks in advance:)

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    get a second 3DS.

3. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    It's not as easy to spend money on another 3ds only to use flash carts.

Yamagushi likes this.
  4. soulrazor

soulrazor GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2012
    yes
    Yes there is, but maybe your cart is not compatible with the latest update.

Check if your cart is one of those on this list if it is the read the readme and folow the instructions:
    http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

to check the revision number on your cart you will need to open the cart :)

5. elm

elm GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Before I do something foolish I wanted to ask someone first. My 3ds is still at USA version 5.1.0-11U and I wanted to go to the Nintendo e-shop, and it's going to ask me to update. Not sure what to do?? The last thing I heard was something about cutting a piece on the R4i

My card is from r4ids.cn and I checked the inside of my card and it has a letter "C"
    -----> ( http://gbatemp.net/uploads/gallery/album_245/gallery_746_245_3049140.png )

UPDATE: I followed this video and it worked my 3ds is updated to 6.1 and works perfectly!! :grog:

6. neko_koneko
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    I did forget to mention that I do have another 3DS. Here are some specifics that I also forgot to explain about both of my 3DS systems.

First of all, I have a Japanese version regular 3DS that has firmware Ver. 6.1.0-12J installed (which is the latest firmware I think).
    Next, I have a US 3DS XL with firmware Ver. 4.5.0-9U installed.I also have a DS Lite.

What I would like to be able to do is to play my R4i RTS 3DS Gold card in my Japanese 3DS as well (I am currently using my US 3DS XL to play my flashcart).
    Can I use either my US XL or DS Lite to update the firmware on my R4i card so I can play it with firmware 6.1.0-12J?

7. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Unless you have been doing regular NAND dumps of of 3DS, downgrading isn't currently an option you can take.

8. neko_koneko
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    OK I have been to r4ids.cn and downloaded the latest upgrade patch and wood kernel. I ran the upgrade on my US 3DS XL, and also put the new kernel files onto the root of my card. It says that the update was a success, but the card still won`t run on my regular JP 3DS Ver. 6.1.0-12J. I read something about cutting the signal line between C1 and R9 (?)..should I do this? And how do you open the card?

9. Yolandy2013
    This message by Yolandy2013 has been removed from public view by Costello, Aug 20, 2013.
    Jul 17, 2013