3DS Makes Nintendo World Users Dizzy, Fatigued

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair Nintendo thought of all this in advance, that's why we can switch the 3D effects off, right? I'm buying my 3DS when it's available because with the effects or not, it's a great looking system with a decent game library on the way. If I find the 3D harmful, which I seriously doubt, then I'll just switch it off. Either that or I'll just play DOA Dimensions with the effects on. That way I'll start to subconsciously associate 3D effects with bouncy bewbs, and I won't be able to complain about them
smile.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hate how people are so paranoid, especially with new things.

Remember when the Wii came out people complained about getting hurt from Wii Sports and breaking their TVs...

Sure it's possible some people can experience minor effects but it's not a big deal at all.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
awssk8er said:

Remember when the Wii came out people complained about getting hurt from Wii Sports and breaking their TVs...

Sure it's possible some people can experience minor effects but it's not a big deal at all.

To be fair the whole 'wiimotes breaking tvs' thing wasn't paranoia as such, it was the result of an endless supply of brainless fucktards who were too stupid to grasp the concept of the wrist strap Nintendo thoughtfully provided. And the concept of grip. And the concept of thought. That's not paranoia, it's natural selection getting warmed up.

KireiJuice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woahhhhhh doctors says it wont affect it wooooooooah another news professors says it's bad to play the game cause it's 3 EFFIN' D WOAAAAAAAAAAH NINTENDO SAYS IF YOU BUY IT IT CAN IMPROVE YOUR EYESIGHT WOOOOOAH

*Creates a thread and post the news*

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
A few minutes of 3D = Dizziness??? How?? 3D movies which are 2 hours+ long never gave me a headache...or is 3DS games 3D totally different? -_-

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to allow yourself to acclimatize properly. It's like any other muscle that you're pushing in ways not used to--never exercise? Jump in place on your tip-toes for two minutes straight, you'll feel it the next day.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
when i got my N64 i played mario and waverace and turok for days non stop and felt magic.
I then got turok 2 and zelda and turok 2 especially made me vomit, i would become really dizzy and ill and just throw up! I used to laugh about it back then but i played turok 2 the other day and was fine untill i ran around a lot of corners then the sickness took me again! Now i am more aware and older, i have realized it is from the way the textures stretch when you move and turn around. Very stomach churning.
but every other N64 game is fine(turok 3 also=sick)
Developers will get used to what works and what doesnt very quickly, mid-year games will be on another level to launch titles, hopefully only some 3DS games make me ill and not all.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
They just said they felt dizzy after a few minutes and the amount of hate they've got off about 5 posts is astounding, sheesh.

Something you'll need get used to, can't really compare 3D cinema to 3DS, since one has glasses and the other doesn't.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Blaze163 said:
To be fair the whole 'wiimotes breaking tvs' thing wasn't paranoia as such, it was the result of an endless supply of brainless fucktards who were too stupid to grasp the concept of the wrist strap Nintendo thoughtfully provided.
actually the wrist straps broke cos they were cheap at 1st
tongue.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don`t see how this is a problem. People who cannot stand 3D for too long or at all always have the ability and option to turn it off (or adjust it to their liking in some cases).

It`s not like there isn`t amazing software coming for the system, that the 3D-capability is the only selling-point...
rolleyes.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
awssk8er said:

To be fair the whole 'wiimotes breaking tvs' thing wasn't paranoia as such, it was the result of an endless supply of brainless fucktards who were too stupid to grasp the concept of the wrist strap Nintendo thoughtfully provided. And the concept of grip. And the concept of thought. That's not paranoia, it's natural selection getting warmed up.
Haha, yeah it wasn't the best example, but I was just trying to explain how people are afraid of new things.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The media always exaggerates. So probably they are a bunch of sissies (and have to be thrown in a vulcano, like TM2-Megatron said), but you should also realize that the 3DS don't use glasses. So your brain has to work a lot harder.
Wikipedia - Autostereoscopy
QUOTE said:
autostereoscopic (glassless 3D) display
This stands literally in the topic...

Parallax Barrier
As Wikipedia says, there are multiple ways of using autostereoscopy. And the 3DS uses the Parallax Barrier way.

On that page, there isn't really much information. But what I could find, is the next sentence:
QUOTEIt is also being used for the navigation system in the 2010-model Range Rover.
I think that Nintendo did some research for this, and if there were any complaints about the 3D Navigation System for the Range Rover, they should have known.

Another reason could be, that there was something at the event. Maybe there* was very loud music, or the lights were to fell.

And if that isn't true, or if it doesn't make any sense, then TM2-Megatron is probably right.

* Maybe there--> There

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL, Nintendo issued all these cautionary warnings and stuff months ago and now people have a brouhaha over it. That's so genius, like if I told you shooting yourself in the foot hurts and you blame me after you try it.

PS

Can't believe some people have such weak optic equipment (eyes) that they get sick after a few minutes. Hmmm...

basf11214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't comment on the ocular stamina of the gamers mentioned, but I can say for sure that I won't be using the 3D mode unless I must. I have bad posture when I play handheld games and having to keep my eyes/face within a certain prescribed range of distances from the 3D display is really not my cup of tea.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Waflix said:
QUOTE said:
It is also being used for the navigation system in the 2010-model Range Rover.

It's not used for 3d in the range rover, it's used so the passenger can say watch a movie or mess around with the hifi, while the driver sees the GPS or front or rear cameras. Still very cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +2
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol +1