Game Dragon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
uriyasama said:
on that wikipedia page it is stated that australia uses the pal region system and europe consoles use pal
therefore europe software can work on an australia 3DS
I want proof, Nintendo are not that dumb on relying on system format for regain detection
Has anyone tried it?

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On the back of my PAL-Zelda cover and in my manual: For use only with a European/Australian Nintendo 3DS version.

So yes it does work, even Nintendo says so.

It might not be a good example due to language, but try to read the "Importante" part in red at the bottom of it. I didn't feel like searching for one in english
http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/la...03064953-01.jpg

You can find Australia yes?

PAL = Europe + Australia.

Also, google is your friend which quite frankly gives you a clear answer in a few seconds:
http://ask.gbatemp.net/2423/australian-3ds...rk-european-3ds (gbatemp even!)

uriyasama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Dragon said:
uriyasama said:
on that wikipedia page it is stated that australia uses the pal region system and europe consoles use pal
I want proof, Nintendo are not that dumb on relying on system format for regain detection
Has anyone tried it?

system format and region are the same thing.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Game Dragon said:
uriyasama said:
Has anyone tried it?

YES, now for fucks sake quit while you're behind. Your question has been answered several times over in this thread and they're common facts that can be found through google with just a tiny bit of reading.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
easy, he's just probably making sure that the money he shells out does not limit futureboy to australian releases.

but yes, your question has been answered multiple times already. australia uses EU 3DS, just like Asia uses US 3DS.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Dragon said:
uriyasama said:
Has anyone tried it?

Do you have a learning disability or something? Your question has been answered like a billion times already! I'm calling a mod for a thread lock. Question has been asked and answered.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
chartube12 said:
Game Dragon said:
uriyasama said:
Has anyone tried it?

Do you have a learning disability or something? Your question has been answered like a billion times already! I'm calling a mod for a thread lock. Question has been asked and answered.
Just because few people tells you something doesn't mean it's the correct answer. But I think the back cover Zelda thing is the PROOF he needed. He didn't posted back since so,... I you have bad temper go beat your mom.

Pip'

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Sips Coffee-
-clears throat-
ahemm.
relax people I know how to prove that AU systems play EU games. The 3DS its self can play any game but the OS (or firmware) limits it, therefore if your firmware is in one of the 3 verions it has (JP,EU,US and I think theres one for south america) then its able to play that game
-stands up-
Gentlemen.
-Tips hat and leaves the room-

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uriyasama said:
Game Dragon said:
uriyasama said:
Has anyone tried it?

system format and region are the same thing.
No, he's partially right. They're not.

PAL (short for Phase Alternating Line) is an encoding standard for TVs used in Europe, Australia, and much of the rest of the world, as opposed to NTSC, used in North America. Traditionally, part of the reason region codes are divided up the way they are is because of the division between those encoding standards -- you have to make different home consoles for US and Europe anyway, so you might as well divide them into regions. In fact, supporting only one format gave them a sort of region locking without having to devote any further effort to it.

Later, more specific region codes were used for DVD players; since most home consoles double as DVD players now, and since they're already used in a lot of places, these region codes got copied onto home consoles.

Obviously, the PAL vs NTSC distinction is meaningless on a 3DS, because it's not hooked up to a TV (so anyone above who is talking about PAL is confused.) And the DVD region codes aren't so relevant, either. So it's true that PAL vs NTSC format isn't relevant to the 3DS, and it's not totally unreasonable to assume that, because of this, Nintendo might have decided to divide the regions up differently than they usually are.

However, they did not (probably for the last reason -- every big company already has its database and market plans divided up based on the existing DVD region codes, making it more useful for the 3DS to follow that division even though there's no technical reason why they'd have to. If you're a major international electronics company who's already dividing up all your DVD players and home consoles based on existing DVD region codes, you're not going to want to have to deal with specific new categories for the 3DS.)

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
There are only 3 regions for the Games, NTSC, PAL and JP, so, the PAL games must work on AUS 3DS.

Besides, if he is from the future, maybe he already saw that AUS is getting only 17 games and the rest of the world 100!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!