3ds internet problems again

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by georaldc, Jul 3, 2011.

Jul 3, 2011

3ds internet problems again by georaldc at 1:56 AM (1,410 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. georaldc
    OP

Newcomer georaldc Advanced Member

Philippines
    I'm saying again because I once posted about this here before where I could never get my 3ds to go online using my router at home, but can at other places at work.

Now I still haven't figured out what the problem is but I did notice a strange behavior just now. Basically games stll do not go online and the test connection still fails immediately when reaching the internet step, but for some reason the browser and even the store works for me. Heck I'm actually posting right now using the 3ds. Even with a game in the background, browser still works fine. The internet signal status while in the browser or store consistently says internet in blue text, while jumping back to the 3ds home screen will initially show it connected then switch back to streetpass.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

2. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Are you using 3DS games or DS (Like Pokemon Black, etc.) games?

3. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what type of router do you use? back when i had dsi and ds lite , the router wouldnt let me get online cause it was set up weird , it didnt even have security on it. so i reset it to a default and i was able to get both systems online with it.

4. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I found the below info on Nintendo's support site:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I use WEP, and I don't have any problems. I tried to look into port forwarding for the 3DS, but I couldn't find specific info. I would try the troubleshooting steps in the spoiler above, since it has to be your router settings. Good luck.

5. georaldc
    OP

Newcomer georaldc Advanced Member

Philippines
    I'm using 3ds games. I haven't tried a ds game yet, but the ds specific wifi setup passes the network test no problem so I don't know.

Oh yeah, for some reason the store won't work again. It was working fine just yesterday but today its giving the same 003-2101 error. Browser still works flawlessly though

I've tried all sorts of security settings and it didn't matter. It seems to connect fine to the router but will just not want to connect to the net. And yes, I don't have any firewall settings setup on my router. Here's my previous thread by the way on this issue:

http://gbatemp.net/t289349-can-t-connect-t...p;#entry3636819