Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
guess i will just wait on my 1.2 until we have proper sacrifice made to the almighty god gateway in the form of bricked 3ds.

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has this cart given you problems before? Notice any strange behavior or something that might've caused the brick?

well, it has shown "gamecard was removed error" several times, that was fixed with testing with diagnostic mode and the GWtestrom. i made a topic mentioning it awhile ago. i figured it might be a loose SD card slot, and i slipped a little piece of paper under it, and it worked almost perfectly ( i think in a span of a week, booting crash / gray screen happened once, but that's all.

also, i forgot to mention the error code shown in the blue screen:

(same on both screen)
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its possible that you may have gotten a fault flash cart. Malfunctioning flashcart + brick code = dead 3ds.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway: "Hey! Use our product to steal shit!"

Gateway: "Wait! People want to steal what we made to steal shit?! Let's brick shit!"

Gateway fans: "OH GATEWAY! Good job on showing those theiving theives! Want to stick your cock in our asses! We'll gladly take it!"

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
People have had lot of problem with flashcards before. Never bricked anything until SOMEONE put MAlICIOUS CODE in their software :P

Gateway fanboy's and sympathizers will use any and all excuses to justify the malicious code being added.

MadButch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you emailed the gateway team about it?
I would try that... maybe there's someway how they can verify your story (maybe some logs on the card), and replace your system.

tbh, I doubt they will... but it doesn't help to try.

Reactions: cateater1

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
The beta GW launcher could very well be a ticking time bomb. In war both sides get hurt, it seems GW started a war that will cause grief for all of us.

Pretty much this. GW's greed is paying a toll on all us 3ds users.

It makes me wonder if i should just stop using my device till this whole thing is sorted out or version 2.0 is released and confirmed clean.

Best decision for all of us:
GW users: downgrade to 2.0b1
Clone users: downgrade to 2.0/3.0

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway fanboy's and sympathizers will use any and all excuses to justify the malicious code being added.

Don't worry... The Gateway drones will soon flood this thread with accusations that OP is a liar, or some other nonsense to discredit him, other than believe that their precious messiah is fucking up people's consoles.

D

Deleted User

With all the Gateway trolls and hate on this forum I'm surprised we don't see many more of these troll posts claiming official GW launcher bricked their 3DS to stir things up.

Those photos are not proof at all. Infact it looks like the user got a second hand GW for cheap just to use as "proof", for all we know the user tried a R4i clone and then is now claiming it was GW. Just look at those scratches on the GW card...

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
ha, nope if some clone cart buyers got hurt cest la vie. Continuous warnings about fucking around with the gateway launcher have been around for a while so theres no point crying over spilt mlik. The code was put in, the code can be taken out in a revision. Small term damage long term win.

If someone's keeping score let me know how many actual Gateway owners/users running gateway launcher like they should have a new paperweight? I suspect you can count them on one hand right now (and probably a fake rubber hand a that)

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Oh boy, until this thread I had my dark fanboy side awake, and was selfishly fine with my Gateway (even if their behavior is all but fair), but now, let's not play with this little handheld until more info comes by.

Edit : not sure if this was a troll, but better safe than sorry ;)

Reactions: cearp

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
With all the Gateway trolls and hate on this forum I'm surprised we don't see many more of these troll posts claiming official GW launcher bricked their 3DS to stir things up.
The only troll i see is you, you cannot get a bigger troll than a fanboy, riding the dick of a company that inserts malicious code into their product.

Infact it looks like the user got a second hand GW for cheap just to use as "proof".
That has to be the most pathetic statement i have read, if this happened to you, you would still find some stupid excuse not to blame Gateway >.<

If someone's keeping score let me know how many actual Gateway owners/users running gateway launcher like they should have a new paperweight? I suspect you can count them on one hand right now (and probably a fake rubber hand a that)

It doesn't matter if the number is 2 or 200, the code should never have been implemented in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free