1. Yes (describe below)

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No (describe below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4 voter(s)
  1. jceggbert5

jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    I don't have a 3DS yet, but both my Lites and my XL do the same thing

2. DigitalDeviant

OP DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    at $250 I found that unacceptable, but to each their own.

3. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

a got a black and a blue and neither wobble, squeak or suffer from "black screen of death"

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    It be irony yet sad if the wobble worriers were the first ones to break.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it shouldn't be no wobble.

5. Herox

Herox Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I dont see the issue here. Its not broken, it just isn't tightly fit for the area inbetween clicks to lock the screen in place. Its not some kind of design flaw, its just how it is.

6. Frogman

Frogman This could be you!

Australian Aqua Blue 3ds works flawlessly no problems at all (yes that includes wobbling)

7. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

A slight wobble on my EU aqua blue model, but not anything that I consider a problem. It doesn't affect gameplay or the 3D effects because of the way I hold the system, so it doesn't bother me.

8. shansoft

shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a Japanese Model, it slightly wobble.... It's annoying as hell when I first get it..

It's totally unacceptable with what I paid for, which is 350USD on playasia....

It's also come with small smudge scratch on the left edge of top case, which it really freaks me out when I paid premium for it..

9. lompoc

lompoc Banned
    Banned

United States
    wobble grip will come out from gamestop you put it on and system wont wobble/ pay my million dollors for my idea

10. Dylan

Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Wobble is starting to annoy me a lot more. Nothing I can't do about it but yeah when they release the 3DS lite or whatever way down the track i'm assuming this will be fixed and I will 100% definitely upgrade. Such an annoying design flaw

11. Mondegreen

Mondegreen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

No problems at all with mine, everything is perfect.

12. Oceanborn712

Oceanborn712 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Why are so many people bothered by the wobbling? Are you constantly shaking your 3DS when playing or something?

13. maxmontezuma

maxmontezuma Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    It wobbles a bit for me, but not like in that YouTube video from the first post. Still, a bit annoying. [​IMG] I don't notice it while playing, but I hate to know it wobbles... it makes me want to get a new one [​IMG]

14. Rampart

Rampart Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Cosmo Black. Wobble: Yes

When I first got my 3DS it just barely wobbled but after a few days of use it has gotten so annoying that I had to return it for a full refund.

I pretty much have the same problem as described by iMasaru, bigpaws, whendarknessfall... and many others.

While playing Street fighter I have to move the system a fair bit while I input button combinations. The screen is starting to wobble very easily especially while I play with the screen upright instead of laying down. Even while playing with the screen laying flat it sometimes falls back with little movement.

This is already enough to annoy the crap out of me but the biggest issue I have with it is the extremely irritating squeaking/creaking noises it makes while the screen wobbles. I was playing Super Street Fighter against a friend online and the screen was wobbling, and squeaking/creaking like crazy. The screen even fell back once. I move the system a bit while playing. I don't shake it like a baby or anything but some movement is expected while playing a fighting game especially for online matches. Have you ever seen how loud people slam those joysticks and buttons while playing the arcade versions of Street Fighter? It's nothing close to that but I do move it much more than while playing other types of games.

I love Nintendo's first party games and all the great 3rd party games that were on the DS but I noticed a steep decline in the sturdiness of the hinge within a few days and the squeaking/creaking is way too irritating for me to ignore. I lost trust in this version of the 3DS and now I'm forced to wait until the next one which might not be released for another 2 years.

I have a DSi that has the tiniest bit of wobble but overall it feels like a rock when compared to the 3ds and it doesn't have that annoying squeaking.

15. sonknuck23

sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Mine only wobbles if I physically move it myself. If I play, I have no issues.

16. mr deez

mr deez GBAtemp Fan

madness, I've watched the video and i have no idea what the issue is...?

17. Parablank

Parablank GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Definitely, even with no pressure.

Should I exchange it at Costco? It's really annoying me, since I'm a perfectionist....

18. Prof. 9

Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I have the wobble thing, it's exactly the same thing as in the video. First thing I noticed about my 3DS. It doesn't bother me too much, though.

19. Bryzian

Bryzian Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Mine only moves if I apply significant pressure. so no, no wobble.

20. Kaimu

Kaimu Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    It's moved only if I put good amount of pressure in it. So, no wobble for mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - wobble, hinge,