Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't worry im a lone player...i never played online, i never enjoy online games
I rarely do online gaming, if at all. The last game I played online was Mario Kart Wii, yeah, it's been a while, especially after installing numerous emulators and region-free hacks on the Wii, I don't want Nintendo finding out. Same goes with the 3DS, whenever we get a public exploit, I'll be sure to disable the internet connection.

Reactions: darksweet

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did that include shipping?

Also are people 100% sure you will need a R4i Save Dongle?
You can go for free shipping, they estimate that takes 7-35 days.
That's what I went for.

An R4i Save Dongle is a really straight forward way of handling 3DS/DS cartridge saves, but if you have a DS Lite and a way to load homebrew .NDS files on it, then you can manage 3DS/DS cartridge gamesaves with that.
To get the 3DS cart into the DS Lite though will require either the board out of the casing, or filing off the 3DS nib.
Something like a Slot-1 or Slot-2 flashcart should work fine on a DS Lite.
It cannot be a DSi or 3DS though, they took measures to prevent cart-swapping after loading the system, so you can't use cheat devices like before.

Reactions: Chaossaturn

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No one ever thinks about the ROM hackers and fan translators. :(

Not that I want to see any of those obscure Japanese titles get unofficial English releases.

I like you comment, but i want to see Jap titles translated. I will never forgive Atlus for not release a US version of Draglade 2.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go for free shipping, they estimate that takes 7-35 days.
That's what I went for.

An R4i Save Dongle is a really straight forward way of handling 3DS/DS cartridge saves, but if you have a DS Lite and a way to load homebrew .NDS files on it, then you can manage 3DS/DS cartridge gamesaves with that.
To get the 3DS cart into the DS Lite though will require either the board out of the casing, or filing off the 3DS nib.
Something like a Slot-1 or Slot-2 flashcart should work fine on a DS Lite.
It cannot be a DSi or 3DS though, they took measures to prevent cart-swapping after loading the system, so you can't use cheat devices like before.

Can you use a classic fat DS to do it? or does it have to be a DS lite? so if you have a flash card such as DSTWO, then you can manage 3DS/DS cartridge gamesaves with that? (as a flash card can run .nds files) and can you put save's back on the 3ds game card? as I guess you will need to put the exploited save back on the 3ds card to run homebrew on the 3ds.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use a classic fat DS to do it? or does it have to be a DS lite? so if you have a flash card such as DSTWO, then you can manage 3DS/DS cartridge gamesaves with that? (as a flash card can run .nds files) and can you put save's back on the 3ds game card? as I guess you will need to put the exploited save back on the 3ds card to run homebrew on the 3ds.

DS Phat would work just the same.

Is that device what I think it is?
It holds three game-cards in the back, connects to the system's card slot and switches to let the 3DS know which gamecard to read?
That's a pretty cool concept. If only it didn't carry the risk of somehow switching a game-card whilst running it.

I had one, just note that it does NOT work with the DSTWO. Other flash cards, yes, but the DSTWO just white screens on both a DS Lite and 3DS.

Reactions: Chaossaturn

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't it be a game I wouldn't mind modding the save file?
I don't want to buy 2 copies of Zelda XD
Ummm... You can backup your save you know? I mean if you the tools to implant the save, you can backup the original one.

Looks like I better order a Save Dongle for this. Good thing I've been wanting one, anyway.
You should probably wait, since the possibility of this exploit being used instead of a future one (which the possibility is there, and honestly doubt they will rely on this one entirely without searching) is quite possible. Unless you were going to backup saves in the first place.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but to keep using the hack woudnt the exploited save need to be on the card until another exploit comes along?
Depends what the hacked save does. If it is going to be like when the wii's exploit first came out with no installed program like the home brew channel, then probably. If you do install something to run home brew via a storage medium (SD Card), and they probably will in my opinion, then no.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends what the hacked save does. If it is going to be like when the wii's exploit first came out with no installed program like the home brew channel, then probably. If you do install something to run home brew via a storage medium (SD Card), and they probably will in my opinion, then no.

Ah yeah makes sense, id assume its without the homebrew channel since the exploit is still in its early stages

Bearpowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

It's pretty much been answering/asking basic questions. Which is really sad, considering all the answers are either in this thread or threads around it.
That's just dumb.

Is there any real evidence that a hack will be made available in the near future or is this all just wishful thinking.

lestatbytes

leaving without a trace..
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah... sorry about that... cause in my country/place online gaming is just 99% of trash talk and 1% only gaming... see, how can i enjoy that?

sounds about right,. diff story IF were playing international server tho, talkin about decentttttttt server btw and decent game ;)

That's just dumb.

Is there any real evidence that a hack will be made available in the near future or is this all just wishful thinking.

i usually check 3dbrew for updates and read some useful info from gbatemp. ma point is its just a click away to verify if theres any solid updates nor hack/hbrew is available yt for hungry orcs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over