3ds guide Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Inuk, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Inuk
    OP

Inuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    Greece
    Hi, after several time that i have not used my gateway in o3ds i want to install cfw following the guide that you all mention.
    I had an 9.2 fw before the gateway hack was released and then i used it to downgrade to 4.4 to use the offline method.
    Now my question is which method should i follow, the one for o3ds 4.0.0 - 4.5.0 or 9.0.0- 11.3.
    Moreover i want to ask after successful install if i will be able to use both installed 3ds cias and my DsTwo card for ds roms at the same time?
    As i stand now everything is working fine but i want to use my Dstwo card and 3ds cias without running any exploit each time i want to switch.
    Thanks in advance

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    If your console is on 4.4 then you have to use whatever homebrew method is available on that firmware. It doesn't matter what the firmware was before that.

After you set up CFW on your console, yes you'll be able to use both your flashcard and your CIA installs in tandem without doing anything extra.

Inuk likes this.
  3. Inuk
    OP

Inuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    Greece
    thank you for your response

4. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Sure thing. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll be more than happy to walk you through the process(es).

Inuk likes this.
  5. Inuk
    OP

Inuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    Greece
    One more question, the guide says in section 2 to update the sysnand. Is that ok?

6. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    After you have CFW installed (B9S/Luma) you can update the sysnand fully with no consequences.

Are you using an emuNAND now? There is a section of the guide you can follow afterwards to move your emunand to sysnand so you won't lose your current stuff.

Inuk likes this.
  7. Inuk
    OP

Inuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    Greece
    alright i will update now. I skipped that part and after initiate the download play app with rosalina it does load nothing but black screen.
    I think i will update first and then try again.
    I am aware of the emunand part, thank you very much for your help and maybe i ll ask you again something later :P

Majickhat55 likes this.
  8. Inuk
    OP

Inuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    Greece
    The update did the trick, everything is working flawlessly now, i can play solatorobo and chronos trigger once again along with my 3ds cias.
    Thank you again for your help, i really appreciate that you took the time and helped me, much obligated :)

9. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    No problem. I'm glad you've got everything situated :D

Inuk likes this.