Hacking 3ds guide help please.

skylinekiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed those steps and in Step 4 it says "Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” but on my menu I have "Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader" I tried it anyway, but I am still getting Arm 11 Crash with Dump. By the way, that latest post does not have the save step in there.

Any other suggestions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here is the error screeen

Attachments

• 20180724_211215.jpg
    20180724_211215.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 263

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed those steps and in Step 4 it says "Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” but on my menu I have "Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader" I tried it anyway, but I am still getting Arm 11 Crash with Dump. By the way, that latest post does not have the save step in there.

Any other suggestions?

Here is the error screeen
Did you actually open Download Play, rather than have it just sitting on the home menu?

skylinekiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I open the baseline app, press L+D+Select then change then "Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader" Then I exit, and try to go back into it again, thats when it crashes

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, I open the baseline app, press L+D+Select then change then "Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader" Then I exit, and try to go back into it again, thats when it crashes
Try deleting your config.txt file from the luma folder - and while you're at it, update your boot.firm to 9.0 (download from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases)
Then if it still doesn't work, can you show me a picture of the menu? And do you definitely have boot.3dsx? Switching it to hblauncher_loader won't help you because you don't have that installed.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

skylinekiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I made a little progress. I was able to get HB to launch where I could install the FBI & HB .cias. Unfortunately I get errors when I try to update any of those. I ahve attached my directory list. When you said "update boot.firm" Where does this go? I put it into the root directory.

Can you please look at my directory and see if anything is missing? I have the latest of the below software, but I didn't install GODmode, I saw a red screen and stopped.. wasn't sure.

Anemone3DS (the .cia file)
Checkpoint (the .cia file)
hblauncher_loader
GodMode9
DSP1
FBI (the .cia and .3dsx files)
ctr-no-timeoffset
Luma3DS Updater (the .cia file)
setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9
cleanup_sd_card.gm9

Attachments

• 3DS SD.pdf
    8.4 KB · Views: 195

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you, I made a little progress. I was able to get HB to launch where I could install the FBI & HB .cias. Unfortunately I get errors when I try to update any of those. I ahve attached my directory list. When you said "update boot.firm" Where does this go? I put it into the root directory.

Can you please look at my directory and see if anything is missing? I have the latest of the below software, but I didn't install GODmode, I saw a red screen and stopped.. wasn't sure.

Anemone3DS (the .cia file)
Checkpoint (the .cia file)
hblauncher_loader
GodMode9
DSP1
FBI (the .cia and .3dsx files)
ctr-no-timeoffset
Luma3DS Updater (the .cia file)
setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9
cleanup_sd_card.gm9
What do you mean by install godmode? What happens when you hold Start on boot?
And did the Rosalina menu change after you deleted config.txt in the luma folder (you would have to put the luma settings back in after booting without config.txt)?
Also the 3ds folder should be in lowercase - not sure if that will make a difference.

skylinekiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I donwloaded from the link, there was no .txt file so I never messed with that. I meant update GodMode. I already had Godmode on there, but when I went to update it, I got a red warning screen which might be normal but I stopped there anyway.

Do you mean lumaupdater.cfg are you referring to that as the text file?

I did use lowercase, but it always changes it to uppercase

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
When I donwloaded from the link, there was no .txt file so I never messed with that. I meant update GodMode. I already had Godmode on there, but when I went to update it, I got a red warning screen which might be normal but I stopped there anyway.

Do you mean lumaupdater.cfg are you referring to that as the text file?

I did use lowercase, but it always changes it to uppercase
The config.txt file in your luma folder. You have it in the directory picture you uploaded.
What do you mean when you went to update it? Updating it would just man replacing GodMode9.firm with a newer one, you would be on your computer.
What happens when you hold Start on boot?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
When I hold start it boots into Godmode
So what's the issue? You said something about a red screen?

If you can't get the homebrew launcher to work you can inject FBI to health and safety by looking at https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage. Pretty much every homebrew has a cia to install so you shouldn't be missing out on anything by not having the homebrew launcher working.

Reactions: Unia4L

vvhascome2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i registered to this forum to post this.

Today i was followin the guide of 3ds.hacks.guide (this exact guide 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(soundhax), so when i reach Section III - Homebrew Launcher i had the exeption error when i try lo load for the first thime the homebrew louncher on the download play app, the error was i miss include "boot.3dsx" on the root of the SD. That's the solution for me.

BudiSantosoEffen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i follow 3ds.hacks.guide up until download and play to launch homebrew, did the switch to homebrew app and relaunch download and play 2nd time but it stucks at 3ds logo screen.
i'm at firmware 7.0.13U. should i update to at least 9.0 for it to work?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i follow 3ds.hacks.guide up until download and play to launch homebrew, did the switch to homebrew app and relaunch download and play 2nd time but it stucks at 3ds logo screen.
i'm at firmware 7.0.13U. should i update to at least 9.0 for it to work?
You haven't followed Section II of "finalising setup". Yes you need to update.

1. Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Updates while using B9S + Luma (what you have) are safe
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error, follow CTRTransfer, then try updating again

BudiSantosoEffen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You haven't followed Section II of "finalising setup". Yes you need to update.
yes I admit I skip the update as this is not my console, as now is 11.9 and im not ready to try new hacks if something bad happen.
I was trying to change the combo button in download and play, now i can not enter the rosalina menu, any method to restore the default setting?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yes I admit I skip the update as this is not my console, as now is 11.9 and im not ready to try new hacks if something bad happen.
I was trying to change the combo button in download and play, now i can not enter the rosalina menu, any method to restore the default setting?
Have you updated yet? It is perfectly safe. Some things won't work if you don't update. And do you have boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card?

BudiSantosoEffen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Have you updated yet? It is perfectly safe. Some things won't work if you don't update. And do you have boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card?
yes but to 8.0, solve the download and play combo for rosalina menu. Apparently 7.0 firmware not compatible with latest homebrew.
so...at 11.9 I just need to use luma 9.1 right?

before i succesfully run ctr-no-timeoffset at homebrew menu, i need to enable SM dan FS patch in process patch menu at rosalina.

Im at 11.9 and everything works flawlessly. Thanks MOD. Greatly Appreciate your kindness.

Last edited by BudiSantosoEffen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night