Hardware 3DS: Good or Bad?

How has your console been?

• I've had tons of problems with the 3DS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've had minor issues, but none that I can't deal with.

• I've had no issues whatsoever with it. It's great!

• Total voters

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've read so many threads about people having issues with their 3DS, both with hardware and software.
BUT, I really want to get a sense of how may people have had issues with the console, had issues that don't bother them, or had no issues whatsoever.

Vote and tell me why
yay.gif

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Only had the issue that the upper screen is reflecting light very strong, solved by getting a screen protector.

The wobbly upper screen doesn't bother me at all.
No issues here anymore, just waiting for better software =)

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any issues with my 3DS - no freezing, no wobbly screen, no hardware issues, etc. It's a great hand held system that works well, and it's a lot of fun.

It's just the lack of things to do with it right now. There aren't any titles that are currently out that'll keep your attention for too long. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is a fantastic title, but if you're not super into fighting games, you might as well wait until June - we're getting Resident Evil: The Mercenaries, Devil Survivor: OverClocked, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in June. If you ARE into Fighting games, pick one up later this May - Dead or Alive: Dimensions and BlazBlue II are coming to the 3DS later this month. We're also getting the eShop update sometime this month, so it might be worth looking into a bit more, then.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Uncle FEFL said:
It's good, I just want more games!
TRU DAT.
Needs some games.
Other than that June 1st at the latest we'll at least have a browser and eshop games to buy.

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So far it seems that there are way more people NOT whining about their system being crap than people having an issue with it. Guess all the threads about messed up hardware are relevant to very few people lol.

C'mon Nintendo WE WANT GAMES !

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1m for windaga
also note, that you won't see ppl making topics about how much the 3ds rocks and stuff
only about issues, because of which it seems it has a lot
but really it doesn't, the original ds phat was worse afaik

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've selected minor issues: just one bsod on monkey ball, bottom screen leaves mark (that can be cleaned) on my screen protector... that's it.

So far I'm really happy with the 3DS, I just don't like that "beta testing" feeling and hope they will release really fast their may update and avoid using the same update scheme than the DSi (1 update per year only to block flashcarts).

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, most of the problems that the Nintendo 3DS has right now are problems that Nintendo can really just fix in new batches, that'll release in a month or so. I personally haven't had problems, but you could. It's the luck of the draw.

I'd recommend getting a 3DS in June, as that is a great time to pick one up. OoT, Cave Story, eShop... Damn.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was totally happy with it until last week when the depth slider suddenly became hard as a rock. Now it sometimes gets soft and hard at its own will. ¬¬

Now I'm pissed off!

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend to wait until later this fall/winter when they start releasing epic bundles with Zelda themed 3DS's that come with Ocarina of time/ Red Mario themed 3D's that come with Mario Kart 3DS. Well, thats what I plan on doing.
smile.gif

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Just the scratching issue due to the edges around the touch screen but at least it's just the screen protector.. hopefully. That being said I love the 3DS and eagerly await the update later this month. Dat dere Virtual Console!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
Just the scratching issue due to the edges around the touch screen but at least it's just the screen protector.. hopefully. That being said I love the 3DS and eagerly await the update later this month. Dat dere Virtual Console!
Please change your signature to "I'll be back".

My 3DS is doing great.
I understand wobbling screens is there to protect the hinge though, so...

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the tiny little chip scratch on my top screen right near the edge (Which somehow happened while i was on the way to buying a Screen Protector).

I love my system, the hinge isnt really that noticeable. (Unless your shaking it like a baby or something

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first 3DS I got had a major fault with the outer-cameras, so AR games were impossible.
I replaced that faulty unit for a second one which has worked fine ever since launch, except for one weird occasion where Pilot Wings Resort thought the cartridge was being removed.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
The only prob I have with it is the raised bottom screen border making lines on the top screen...It isn't usually that noticable, but it bugs me that it's permanent now...at least I have screen protectors.

10_0ARMY

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm so tired of so many threads about the 3DS and what needs to be fixed. The console isn't bad at all, but so many people bitch. And you know what's going to happen? Nintendo will release a new version of the console that has differences, but people will still bitch about it. In the end people that bitch about new consoles just need to learn to live with what is here. This reminds me of the DS when people wanted a smaller, more compact one...so we got the DS lite. Then PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT BEING SMALL...so they made the DS XL. I hope that people will learn to enjoy what is here instead of saying what is awful about it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.