Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since the main variable here is time, we can compare early days of 2014 with Day time, for example, I consider waking up before 11 A.M. early, so between 0.01 A.M and 11.00 A.M would be considered early, that's 45% of a day's time. In a year time, 45% would mean 164 Days, or roughly 5 months and 1/5.

My conclusion is, 2.0 firmware could be released from 1.Jan to 15.May, and it would still be considered early days of 2014.

I'm sorry, I'll have more sleep time today.

I was right

success-kid.jpg

Ankoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Question related to GW and updating EmuNand.
Currently my EmuNand is on 7.1.0-14u. The recent one is 7.1.0-15u, so if I want to update, do I have to backup everything, format, update then replace the backups in?
Wondering if these steps are needed for every firmware updates.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i ve got another 3ds cosmo black on 4.00 can i use gateway on it or i will make problems ?

You have to find any of these update files 4.1, 4.1, 4.3, 4.4 or 4.5, or a game that has one of those, to update to.
Then you can use Gateway.
So yes, as Joe88 said, you need to be there if you plan to use Gateway.
It will not work any other way. (currently. If you are reading this some time in the future, we should have gotten much farther than at the time of writing this. Incidentally, if Gateway FW 2.0 Final has yet not been released in the future, you should earn money and just buy the games.)

snake7beckham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question related to GW and updating EmuNand.
Currently my EmuNand is on 7.1.0-14u. The recent one is 7.1.0-15u, so if I want to update, do I have to backup everything, format, update then replace the backups in?
Wondering if these steps are needed for every firmware updates.

No need to do all that. I updated EmuNand successfully through Nintendo eShop. If the update failed with error message, the system will restart to SysNand. Just launch GW mode and try again.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You have to find any of these update files 4.1, 4.1, 4.3, 4.4 or 4.5, or a game that has one of those, to update to.
Then you can use Gateway.
So yes, as Joe88 said, you need to be there if you plan to use Gateway.
It will not work any other way. (currently. If you are reading this some time in the future, we should have gotten much farther than at the time of writing this. Incidentally, if Gateway FW 2.0 Final has yet not been released in the future, you should earn money and just buy the games.)
i am a beta tester of gateway i have a 3ds xl too ,already owning games like pokemon super mario etc but are either in firmware greater or lower the 4.5 gtewy is used for japan titles and games that i believe iare shovels to ensure that they worth their money
edit i just bought a 4.5 game for 15e :)

RyviusRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn I just purchased a mt-card about a week or so ago......oh well.
Hopefully the people who put out mt-card stay up to date.
I would hate to have to spend a bunch of money just to get a Gateway.
I only wanted multi-rom support so that is why I went with mt-card but now Gateway has it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY