Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

TAT_SHINTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short version:32 GB class 10 worked in 15min and stop working the next time I try.
Details: I bought a 32GB sandisk ultra class 10 (1) from amazon. I copied mario kart 7 in it and played fine for 15 min. When I exit the game by pressing home then X then it froze. I turn it off and next thing I know there is a black error screen when I want to play the game. I tried different micro sd card (kingston 2 GB) and it's fine. I wonder what's the problem? I tried to format the micro sd via windows and sdformatter it still doesn't work with the gateway 3ds. I don't have anything else to test the card, but I tried to copy a movie into it and it played fine.
Thanks

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Short version:32 GB class 10 worked in 15min and stop working the next time I try.
Details: I bought a 32GB sandisk ultra class 10 (1) from amazon. I copied mario kart 7 in it and played fine for 15 min. When I exit the game by pressing home then X then it froze. I turn it off and next thing I know there is a black error screen when I want to play the game. I tried different micro sd card (kingston 2 GB) and it's fine. I wonder what's the problem? I tried to format the micro sd via windows and sdformatter it still doesn't work with the gateway 3ds. I don't have anything else to test the card, but I tried to copy a movie into it and it played fine.
Thanks
I have the same micro SD card, it has worked fine for 2 months now

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the problem people just not waiting long enough for the save to transfer to sd? I mean, sometimes it's instant, but sometimes it can take a while. One time it took at least 45 seconds on the "closing software" screen. I think people are jumping the gun on the save issue.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the problem people just not waiting long enough for the save to transfer to sd? I mean, sometimes it's instant, but sometimes it can take a while. One time it took at least 45 seconds on the "closing software" screen. I think people are jumping the gun on the save issue.

Yeah the same occured to me sometimes on 1.2 (it actually stopped on 2.0 which is why I find this whole discussion quite funny :D )

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the same occured to me sometimes on 1.2 (it actually stopped on 2.0 which is why I find this whole discussion quite funny :D )
I remember one time, fairly early in my Gateway career (have had it since August or September), I turned off the console immediately after exiting to home, and it messed up my save (just a rollback of an hour, not a deletion, luckily). Ever since then, I've given it a few seconds until I shut it off, and haven't had a problem since.

TAT_SHINTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it froze for 10 min.

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So you can update Streetpass plaze fine with the EmuNAND on current FW?
I updated my streetpass plaza.

Anyone know the easiest way to dump your 6.3 emunand. I want to get a dump just in case it always reminds me that I need to update

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks
did you remember to rerun the exploit (settings->profiles->ds profile)?

you have to rerun it everytime the system reboots (after power on or after exiting the settings menu using the close button)

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I updated my streetpass plaza.

Anyone know the easiest way to dump your 6.3 emunand. I want to get a dump just in case it always reminds me that I need to update

the easiest way is to create an image of the whole sd card (the big one in the 3ds), for example using the win32diskimager. this creates an imagefile the size of the sd card, which you can compress down quite well (my backupimage of an 8GB card is compressed 1,6GB).

TAT_SHINTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you remember to rerun the exploit (settings->profiles->ds profile)?

you have to rerun it everytime the system reboots (after power on or after exiting the settings menu using the close button)

yeah I did, I even redo the blue card stuffs.
well apparently, I gotta reformat (rewrite option in sdformatter) and it's fine now, damn I was scared. thanks for reply. I took me countless copy of roms into 3 microsd cards. Luckily I have spare sdcards to test.

Keoje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. New here and to the Gateway scene :lol:

I've managed to get Gateway working so I have a folder in the corner appear only when I'm in Gateway mode. I know the information is out there somewhere but I'm paranoid about accidently updating!
1) Is it safe, whilst in GW mode, to update via system update to 6.3? I can't really mess this up right? Obviously if I exit system settings but I know when it's in GW mode.
2) What do I gain from updating emunand to 6.3? I'm not quite understanding how GW works yet as I'm able to play Zelda ALBW on 4.3 GW mode
3) I had Mario Kart 7 pre-installed but forgot to backup before I did the formatting. Can I still retrieve it from the E-Shop and if so how? I believe I need to use Classic mode and from then on, any time I want to play MK7, I have to be in Classic mode?

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. New here and to the Gateway scene :lol:

I've managed to get Gateway working so I have a folder in the corner appear only when I'm in Gateway mode. I know the information is out there somewhere but I'm paranoid about accidently updating!
1) Is it safe, whilst in GW mode, to update via system update to 6.3? I can't really mess this up right? Obviously if I exit system settings but I know when it's in GW mode.
2) What do I gain from updating emunand to 6.3? I'm not quite understanding how GW works yet as I'm able to play Zelda ALBW on 4.3 GW mode
3) I had Mario Kart 7 pre-installed but forgot to backup before I did the formatting. Can I still retrieve it from the E-Shop and if so how? I believe I need to use Classic mode and from then on, any time I want to play MK7, I have to be in Classic mode?

Mario kart should be in the eshop under Menu, settings other, titles you've downloaded. And no, when you re-downloaded it, it prob wont run on your real nand, you will have to boot into gateway mode and play it there even though it will be visible on your real nand it might not boot.

Onslawt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for the proper procedure for those who are able to get the new Legend of Zelda to save properly. The first time I played the game, I saved at a save point, pressed start, went to the title screen, then pressed home. It then said Closing the Program, it closed and then I turned off my system.

Is that the correct way I should be doing it? Should I be waiting a couple of seconds at one point before pressing something?

I am asking this because the second time I played for about 4 hours, I did that same procedure and then it said Closing the Program and got stuck for there about 8 minutes before i finally just held the Power button down until it turned off, but when I checked my save file, it basically reverted back to my original save from 4 hours ago /sigh :(

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for the proper procedure for those who are able to get the new Legend of Zelda to save properly. The first time I played the game, I saved at a save point, pressed start, went to the title screen, then pressed home. It then said Closing the Program, it closed and then I turned off my system.

Is that the correct way I should be doing it? Should I be waiting a couple of seconds at one point before pressing something?

I am asking this because the second time I played for about 4 hours, I did that same procedure and then it said Closing the Program and got stuck for there about 8 minutes before i finally just held the Power button down until it turned off, but when I checked my save file, it basically reverted back to my original save from 4 hours ago /sigh :(

I usually brought it to the home menu, pressed X, then the A button. (X button will prompt you to close the actual software, A button confirms it) and that was the usual saving mechanism that I used.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I succesfully updated the EmuNAND to 6.3, but now I want to backup the EmuNAND 6.3.
How can I do this?

the easiest way is to create an image of the whole sd card (the big one in the 3ds), for example using the win32diskimager. this creates an imagefile the size of the sd card, which you can compress down quite well (my backupimage of an 8GB card is compressed 1,6GB).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, money and soap having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, money and soap having to wash them. :D