Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninja'd by me

Except you didn't. The NAND can be restored as it is all saved onto the SD card. There's no need for special hardware. More specifically you dump your nand so that you can update and use the Gateway, and then boot to still be in the 4.5 firmware range. You can go into an emulated NAND that will revert back to 4.5 when you turn it off.

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
when do i nand backup will i be able to flash it on original nand memory later by open my 3ds?
for example i use gateway nand backup. after that i save that 4,5 backup on pc and do a update with my 3ds will i be able to jump back?

The way this works is that Gateway makes a dump of your NAND that you can safely update and still be able to use your Gateway card, as well as access the eShop.

When you first turn on your 3DS, it will be at your regular 4.5 NAND. Then, when you go into Gateway mode, a menu will appear and take you into the Emulated NAND that's updated. When you turn off the 3DS, you'll be back at your regular 4.5 NAND.

Pointless editing

You just CANNOT accept you lost this argument, can you?

hamido123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The way this works is that Gateway makes a dump of your NAND that you can safely update and still be able to use your Gateway card, as well as access the eShop.

When you first turn on your 3DS, it will be at your regular 4.5 NAND. Then, when you go into Gateway mode, a menu will appear and take you into the Emulated NAND that's updated. When you turn off the 3DS, you'll be back at your regular 4.5 NAND.

You just CANNOT accept you lost this argument, can you?
when i do first time nand backup and save it on pc can i use this backup to get later back to 4.5 if i updated real nand by mistake

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i do first time nand backup and save it on pc can i use this backup to get later back to 4.5 if i updated real nand by mistake

Like I said, if you want to use that NAND dump and put it back on your 3DS in case of an accident, you need extra hardware in order to do so. Or give it to someone who already has it in case you're uncomfortable with your soldering skills.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you can. You will need to solder an sdcard interface onto certain pads, which will trigger a bootrom error and allow overwriting the NAND contents (which are encrypted with a console-unique key).

hamido123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, you can. You will need to solder an sdcard interface onto certain pads, which will trigger a bootrom error and allow overwriting the NAND contents (which are encrypted with a console-unique key).
that method is what i was thinking about...thats nice news...that eans if i do first nand bakup i am save :D

zsakul2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this has already been asked, If so I do apologize!

But if I buy a gateway 3ds for my 3DS XL (which is on 4.4 FMW Atm), Will I be able to use gateways emunand to go to the latest firmware needed and use my physical actual Link between worlds cartridge or does gateway 3ds always have to be in the card slot for it to work and I can't play physical games with the emunand just roms on the SD Card?

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe this has already been asked, If so I do apologize!

But if I buy a gateway 3ds for my 3DS XL (which is on 4.4 FMW Atm), Will I be able to use gateways emunand to go to the latest firmware needed and use my physical actual Link between worlds cartridge or does gateway 3ds always have to be in the card slot for it to work and I can't play physical games with the emunand just roms on the SD Card?

As of now you can't play zelda ALBW and use a gateway, it's one or the other cause if you update you lost the ability to use your gateway and without the update you can't play zelda. I suggest you to wait until GW firm 2.0 is released and see what happens.

zsakul2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of now you can't play zelda and use a gateway, it's one or the other cause if you update you lost the ability to use your gateway. i suggest you to wait until GW firm 2.0 is released and see what happens.

Sorry, that's what I meant ^^, When 2.0 comes out with emunand will I be able to play my physical zelda and pokemon x cart after entering emunand mode on the gateway 3DS or does the gateway have to occupy the physical card slot at all times during emunand and you just play games via roms on there, Just curious because I would rather use my physical carts that already have my saves on them.

But of course I can't play them unless I can go into a later firmware with emunand :P Just wondering if anyones knows if its possible to play physical 6.0 + carts after you go into emunand or if gateway has to stay in the slot at all times.

LolGuyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What will happen if you buy a game, lets say Pheonix Wright in the EmuNAND's E-Shop 6.3?
Would you be able to:
-Play the game on the Original 4.5 NAND?
-Keep the game after a power cicle?
-Save the game?
-Backup your Savefile?
-Keep the game & savefile when upgrading EmuNAND to 6.4 if it comes out?

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
What will happen if you buy a game, lets say Pheonix Wright in the EmuNAND's E-Shop 6.3?
Would you be able to:
-Save the game?
-Backup your Savefile?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would you be able to:
No
The game is located in EmuNAND. It is never written to the actual NAND, thus the real NAND doesn't even know of it's existence. Also the game could very possibly be built with 5.0.0+ SDK.
YES
The game is saved in EmuNAND.
-Save the game?
YES ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
-Backup your Savefile?
NO
The NAND is still encrypted. This also goes for EmuNAND.
HOWEVER: If the SD-card functions still work you could theoratically copy it to the SD card from the storage menu

YES
HOWEVER: It could be that EmuNAND gets patched.

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon will need patch anyway, cuz game had bugs. One of them was that u stuck in town if u exit game and try come back while on specific map

hikamikazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just got my Gateway today. Setting up everything went smoothly except when getting one of my games to launch. The game in question is Power rangers Super Mega Force and my 3ds is Japanese.

It seems to be asking to cancel the launch of the game since it says it can't run it, but after I hit confirm it ends up asking me for a pin. I thought parental control might be on but it's not and my pin(0000 and 1234 not working either)doesn't work. Anyone experience this? I attached a picture of what's happening.

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 273

hikamikazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just got my Gateway today. Setting up everything went smoothly except when getting one of my games to launch. The game in question is Power rangers Super Mega Force and my 3ds is Japanese.

It seems to be asking to cancel the launch of the game since it says it can't run it, but after I hit confirm it ends up asking me for a pin. I thought parental control might be on but it's not and my pin(0000 and 1234 not working either)doesn't work. Anyone experience this? I attached a picture of what's happening.

Nevermind guys disregard my post. It was parental controls and i figured out the password. At least people will know what this message says now right? The part that threw me off was the last kanji's meaning of cancel/release. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I got 1 sofa :D