Hacking 3ds-flashcart.com positive experience

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Important edit: I actually just realized that the title of my post mentioned the wrong retailer!!!! I meant to say www.3ds-flashcart.com not 3ds-flashcard.com. Sorry for the confusion. I received a pm about this... I hope I didn't mislead anyone here!

original post below:

Update 1: I finally received an e-mail stating that 3ds-flaschart.com has received my malfunctioning Gateway. They promised that they would be delivering a new one via DHL express post which I originally did not ask for. Looks like I may have to wait just a little less longer for my new Gateway. So far, I am still impressed with this retailer's honesty. Much of the waiting period was due to Canada post's snail mail service not the retailers services. I just hope that this gateway will work!!!!

Hey guys,

as you might have seen on the Gateway reliability feedback thread, I received my Gateway from www.3ds-flashcart.com but it was not working. It would remain stuck on the yellow light about 70% of the time during the diagnostic tools. In any case, I got in contact with my retailer to send it back and after much back and forth through e-mails, they agreed to send me a new one as soon as I sent them back my old one. They even offered to upgrade it to fast delivery so I can receive my new one quickly!

I started this thread in the hopes of helping out anyone who is thinking about ordering a Gateway card. Thus far, I can vouch for 3ds-flashcart's services as they have been nothing but curteous and easy to get a hold of. I realize that my card was defective but I don't think it was their fault. I should mention that I did not send back my Gateway with a tracking number as this would have cost me $76 canadian which would bring me up to almost $200 for just one Gateway card. With that money I could have gotten two of them. I am hoping that the retailer will be honest and admit that they recieve it when they do since I have no real way of checking. Thus far, I have not seen anything to indicate that they aren't trustworthy so I took my chances.

In brief, if you are wondering which retailer to buy your card from, one option would be 3ds-flashcart.com based on my psotive expereince so far. I will update this if anything bad happens of course.

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aside from the general "I must have screwed up somewhere" post. State what 3DS firmware and provide a pic of the backside of the blue cart, that would be the side with the PCB contact points. Somebody will be likely to answer it better after that information is provided.

I'm not sure what you are refering to exactly. I never really asked a question at all. Furthermore, the problem I had was with the red card not the blue one. My firmware was on 4.5. The point of my post was to tell everyone that 3ds-flashcard.com was a reliable retialer for Gateway products...

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you are refering to exactly. I never really asked a question at all. Furthermore, the problem I had was with the red card not the blue one. My firmware was on 4.5. The point of my post was to tell everyone that 3ds-flashcard.com was a reliable retialer for Gateway products...

THere wasn't really a need to create a whole topic though. Posting it in one of the already popular topics would have generated a similar result. If the response was worthy of being responded to, it would have, otherwise everyone just moves on. ;)

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, I am sorry for starting a thread. I just felt that it would get lost in those bigger threads and, having had to search through them myself when trying to find a reliable reseller for hours, I wanted a thread that would clearly state in its title that so and so is legit.

For the record the red card wasn't a fake card. it simply was defective. The fact of the matter is that I did get it to load roms from time to time. The problem was with the contacts for the micro sd card. What I meant by reliable was simply that they are honoring their 6 month guarantee that the card should function without too much hassle. This is important since a fair bit of people have received cards that are defective. Perhaps a future purchaser would want to know what their options would be should they receive a defective card. In this case, I would say that 3ds-lashcart.com has your covered. Other retailers might offer this as well...

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried ordering from 3ds-flashcart.com. They claim they have the Gateway in stock but don't. As far as I am concerned, lying about whether you have something in stock counts as a negative experience.

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried ordering from 3ds-flashcart.com. They claim they have the Gateway in stock but don't. As far as I am concerned, lying about whether you have something in stock counts as a negative experience.

Jiro2: sorry to hear that. From my understanding many chinese retailers are notorious for not having stock information up to date. Very few, if any do. Not trying to defend the retailer in question at all. Just saying that this is not unsual. It terms of customer service however, I was impressed based on my own personal experience.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition, when you go to shoptemp, 3ds-flashcart.com is listed under "browse shops by location" as a US seller, so I thought it was in the US.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They not only have not yet shipped anything (it's been over two weeks and they said they'd have stock in a week), they are no longer responding to emails either.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like no stores are responding much.

It's because of the Chinese holiday this week, I believe

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
interesting... they seem to have just shipped mine yesterday because I got a tracking number along with an e-mail thanking me for my patience... I do find it weird however, that they are no longer listed on the gateway's main page as a reseller... Now I am getting worried that they have me fooled. I wonder if the tracking is real... I'll keep you posted.

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the tracking seems legit. It shipped from Hong Kong to usa overnight. I should get it by after tomorrow! Thus far, I am impressed. I just don't understand why Jiro2 seems to have the exact opposite experience with these guys. I find them responsive, cordial and super honest. Why the inconsistent customer service?

Have you heard anything new Jiro?

baokia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the tracking seems legit. It shipped from Hong Kong to usa overnight. I should get it by after tomorrow! Thus far, I am impressed. I just don't understand why Jiro2 seems to have the exact opposite experience with these guys. I find them responsive, cordial and super honest. Why the inconsistent customer service?

Have you heard anything new Jiro?

When did u order your gateway ? i ordered on Sep 4 but they told me still need weeks more zzzz

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is because it is on back order, it is likely even more so now with the news of what it can do now.

The red cart's shell is also been redesigned.

I actually ordered it way back in August, I received in on sept 7th. However, it was defective so I sent it back via regular mail. This took around 10 working days. They received in on Sept 29th. They then send me a new on on oct. 1... I must admit, no the fastest service at first but... the when they send me a new one it was upgraded to express mail and it left china and went to cinncinati usa in less than 24 hours. Now it has to come to Canada... thus, the second delivery has been super fast.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You likely got yours from the second batch. can you tell me if the red shell is the same as the one in the review or in the picture below or is the shell casing different? You might have to peel off most of the sticker to find out.

IMG_170158b.JPG

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just checked my tracking... it arrived in Montreal today... wow that was fast. sent on October 1st in China. Arrived October 2nd in Montreal.... I am amazed... I just hope the flaschard works this time.

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, i received my gateway!!! Interestingly, I had to pay DHL $15 for customs. This was a first as I have been ordering flashcarts for years and have never been taxed for anything. Total cost for gateway, sending it back and getting a new one was $110... more expensive than if I had ordered it from a canadian retailer. However, had I not have had to send back my defective card, it would have cost me only $90.

On a more positive note, one day after shipment from China I got it here in Montreal Canada. That is the fastest delivery I have ever seen. I tested the gateway out and it works flawlesly without any contact issues like I was experiencing before. Saves load just fine, works on firmware 4.2 and 4.5 (I have a 3ds and a 3ds xl).

To answer you question "how do I do it"... I got the version you have in the pic. Thus this is not the new batch. I was dissapointed to see that but I am glad that even if it is the old batch it works a ok.

Overall, I can say that flashcart-3ds.com delivered on their promise. It took over a month to get things sorted out but that was mainly due to delivery time on my end (sending it back via express would have cost me $75). Once they received it, their service was lightning fast.

I recommend this retailer. However, just know that they ship from China and that you are likely going to have to be patient to get your flashcart due to stock issues and delivery time. Also know that if something goes wrong like a manufacturing defect, the process can take much time and cost you additional money.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i received my gateway!!! Interestingly, I had to pay DHL $15 for customs. This was a first as I have been ordering flashcarts for years and have never been taxed for anything. Total cost for gateway, sending it back and getting a new one was $110... more expensive than if I had ordered it from a canadian retailer. However, had I not have had to send back my defective card, it would have cost me only $90.

On a more positive note, one day after shipment from China I got it here in Montreal Canada. That is the fastest delivery I have ever seen. I tested the gateway out and it works flawlesly without any contact issues like I was experiencing before. Saves load just fine, works on firmware 4.2 and 4.5 (I have a 3ds and a 3ds xl).

To answer you question "how do I do it"... I got the version you have in the pic. Thus this is not the new batch. I was dissapointed to see that but I am glad that even if it is the old batch it works a ok.

Overall, I can say that flashcart-3ds.com delivered on their promise. It took over a month to get things sorted out but that was mainly due to delivery time on my end (sending it back via express would have cost me $75). Once they received it, their service was lightning fast.

I recommend this retailer. However, just know that they ship from China and that you are likely going to have to be patient to get your flashcart due to stock issues and delivery time. Also know that if something goes wrong like a manufacturing defect, the process can take much time and cost you additional money.

Glad to see that your experience turned positive. And yeah, I've had DHL come overnight as well for me, it's pretty nice to have. :)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I still haven't 1) received anything, or 2) received any reply to my emails. My order from Sept. 4 from 3ds-flashcart.com is still not listed as shipped.

Overall, I can say that flashcart-3ds.com delivered on their promise

This was originally supposed to be 3ds-flashcart.com, is flashcart-3ds.com just a typo? That doesn't seem to exist.

Can anyone suggest a better retailer, hopefully one that's actually in the US?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I still haven't 1) received anything, or 2) received any reply to my emails. My order from Sept. 4 from 3ds-flashcart.com is still not listed as shipped.

This was originally supposed to be 3ds-flashcart.com, is flashcart-3ds.com just a typo? That doesn't seem to exist.

Can anyone suggest a better retailer, hopefully one that's actually in the US?

Try Realhotstuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1