Hacking 3DS flash card info pls

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks,

In regards to the CIA, are there any compatibility differences at all between that and .3dz?
And if I'm not mistaken CIA don't need headers?

As for the headers being unique, would there be any problem if I backed up the headers for a single game and used the same headers for a bunch of different games?

CIA don't need/use headers. That's why it's easier when wanting to play online. There aren't any incompatibilities either as far as I remember.

What people usually say is that having two persons online using the same header would like give an easy target to Nintendo. Using the same header for all your roms isn't that bad since you'll only be using one at a time.

But in any case, this is all theory. No bans have been reported and Nintendo hasn't shown any signs of wanting to do anything about it (yet). But piracy isn't supposed to be risk free either. In this case, it could be much worse than what actually is.

Reactions: G-STAR01

G-STAR01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A bit torn between .3dz or cia, but I think I'll go with .3dz since they're readily available.
Thanks for the help mate, should be interesting when everything arrives.

G-STAR01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got my 3DS XL (9.2) and a microsdhc, now just waiting on the Gateway to arrive, Correos are taking their time.
I have some more questions:
1. If I have a .3dz rom and want to inject my own private header, do I just rename back to .3ds and follow one of those tutorials?
2. I hear some games require game updates to play online, I hear this is done via eshop, is eshop working on GW emunand at the moment?
3. And is there any other way of obtaining game updates?

G-STAR01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bump and I have an addition question:
4. On GW Menu I can use different slot saves (I'm assuming) if more than one of us is going to play a game, but how does that work if the game is .cia?

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the future, please consider searching/googling your answers. I'm not discouraging you from asking anything, but I think it would help you a lot more. Most of the questions you're asking can be easily found through a search and you'll find answers a lot quicker than asking, but you answer your questions:

1. Just use the rom tool program and inject your header as it will accept both .3dz and .3ds. Renaming a .3ds to a .3dz is just used to enable online functionality with gateway.
2. As long as EmuNAND is capable of running the latest firmware (which at the moment it is) then yes.
3. Yes, you can obtain game updates though .cia files as well.
4. Don't know if I'm understanding your 4th question correctly, but I've never heard of any multi-slot saving on the GW menu. There is 1 save file (.sav) per ROM that gets stored on the big SD card in your 3DS. If you're thinking about transferring the .sav files they can be easily moved to another SD card given you're still using the same ROM + header. The .cia files get a bit complicated, I recommend looking into SaveDataFiler for any save transfers on those.

G-STAR01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks,

In regards to number 4, does GW not support multi-saves?
You know on the DSTWO you can press X over the game (in menu) and change the multi-save number, that way two ppl can play the same game, each on their own saves although I think there's still only one .sav file.
Is it possible to do something like that on GW?
Or is the solution having two of the same roms?

I know for .cia I read a thread on here saying they should create two copies of the game with different headers & title id's i think.

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why I never see anyone mentioning the fact that with gateway you can drag & drop, you don't have to write everything again if you want to delete just one game, you don't have to f$ck with that damn template file and so on?

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks,

In regards to number 4, does GW not support multi-saves?
You know on the DSTWO you can press X over the game (in menu) and change the multi-save number, that way two ppl can play the same game, each on their own saves although I think there's still only one .sav file.
Is it possible to do something like that on GW?
Or is the solution having two of the same roms?

I know for .cia I read a thread on here saying they should create two copies of the game with different headers & title id's i think.
Unfortunately no, so make sure you never share so you don't have to make extra save slots ;)
On a more serious note, you will need multiple ROMs to get multiple saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up