3DS fell, dead pixels

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kibido, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

My N3DS XL took a hard hit today (closed) and when I started playing I noticed a few dead pixels in the corner of the top screen. Now, I personally couldn't give two shits about it, however I'd like the console to be in good condition once I'll decide to sell it so I was thinking about a replacement. Since I'm a cheap fuck, I found an unofficial LCD for about 10 bucks. My question is, could a crappy screen ruin the whole console? Could it tamper with a9lh in some kind of way? What are the downsides, quality? Durability?
    Here is the product I found, thanks.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/171761304080

Last edited by Kibido, Mar 21, 2017
  2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Mostly quality, if your screen was IPS and you purchase a TN, there's a downgrade in quality image.

Kibido likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The quality of 3rd party screens may be inferior to the original, but in this case I am not sure how noticeable it would be as they are just cheap TN screens anyway (that's assuming your console doesn't have IPS screens)
    A cheapo replacement screen should do the job just fine. Or you could get an IPS replacement screen for the best quality.

Kibido likes this.