3DS eShop games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Inuuto, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Inuuto
    OP

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    So, we pretty much have dumps of real games. How do you think we can get eShop games to work on something like Gateway?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It might not even be possible. We don't know what format eShop games are stored in and how they are read from the SD card.

3. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Until we have the shop files decrypted, I don't think we'll be able to run them.

4. eosia

eosia GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2010
    United States
    Dude! you have to grow up, you are not going to live for ever by pirating things, you are just making things worst ;(

5. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    You come to the HACKING section where everyone is obviously going to talk about piracy and then you complain...

Wow.

You should be able to play them on the 6.3 emunand once 2.0 is released but of course you'd have to buy them. Looks like it's the only option right now.

6. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

He is entitled to his own opinion about piracy. He doesn't have to post it, though.

The hacking section is not just for piracy. Maybe the reason most people want to have the 3DS hacked is piracy, but not everyone.

Skelletonike, NEP and silver_ryder like this.
  7. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    I think anti-piracy moralists should be banned from the forums. Note that I am a software developer myself. I don't condone nor engage in piracy, but it's pretty obvious that piracy doesn't really hurt the industry. Numerous times has it been shown to be actually beneficial to sales. (Person otherwise never would have bought something they liked anyway and just not bothered, had it not been available to try for free.) Take your whining about piracy and stick it where the sun doesn't shine please. Note that those facilitating piracy should also been banned, as it is sadly illegal.

8. Inuuto
    OP

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    I actually do buy eShop games. I was just curious. It would actually hurt a lot of developers if it was possible. I personally hope that eShop games aren't able to be decrypted. Imagine if you had cheap flashcarts running on the 3DS that were capable of running retail and eShop games. The 3DS would end up like the PSP.