3DS downgrade system restore problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kinqdra, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Kinqdra
    OP

Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Aug 7, 2009
    Croatia
    So I managed downgrading my friends 11.0.0-33 3DS to install a9lh onto it. Everything went well. I waited a week and then performed another system transfer to get my NNID back. Then, I wanted to restore my system with the NANDmin.bin backup I made but I'm now having trouble doing so.. When that final system transfer was complete, I deleted all the stuff from that SD card and threw in the backup I made of it before both transfers, but now my 3DS won't boot, it acts as if there is no SD card in it. What am I doing wrong?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Are you keeping arm9loaderhax.bin in the root? Without it, your a9lh console won't boot.

3. Kinqdra
    OP

Aug 7, 2009
    Croatia
    Yup, it's in the root.. + the luma folder

4. Kinqdra
    OP

Aug 7, 2009
    Croatia
    UPDATE: The problem was in the SD card. I guess it's just not compatible with the 3DS.. Anyway, got a new one and successfully restored my Sysnand. Unfortunately, other than the folders and the system applications, all previously installed apps and games are gone.

Can anyone help?

5. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    You have to copy to your new SD card, all files and folders you had on your old SD (when making a SysNAND backup, it is wise to also make a backup of the whole SD to PC)

Unless the SysNAND backup you restored was linked to a diferent "Nintendo 3DS" -> "folder with lots of numbers/letters" (this is an encrypted folder that is linked to the SysNAND).

Otherwise, install again everything you had/want through FBI, Freeshop, Homebr3w, etc...

6. Kinqdra
    OP

Aug 7, 2009
    Croatia
    This is what I did:
    1. Copied the content from my SD card to my pc and performed a NAND backup
    2. Performed a system transfer from that console to another
    3. Waited a week
    4. Performed another system transfer from the other console back to the original
    5. Placed all the files back from my pc to the original SD card
    6. Performed a NAND restore

And now none of the apps are installed.. Is there something I did wrong?