QWERTY1609

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a Nanostray 2 DS Physical game (I even have it's box and manuals) and an old 3DSXL with Luma3DS 9.0 and B9S 1.3. The problem is that whenever I insert the DS cartridge, the 3DS doesn't recognize it on the HOME MENU, neither on GodMode9 or Decrypt9 and the ntr launcher by apache thunder (I Think) gets frozen on a white screen. What should I do???, thanks. It was recognized normally long time ago, but one day, it stopped recognizing it, all of a sudden (this happened before I got CFW on my 3DS and now, even if I have it)

Last edited by QWERTY1609,

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
You can fix this easily... It's a side effect of the old mod i think i've had to sort a few.

"DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide
What You Need
  • The TWL_FIRM .cia for your device
    • - New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia
    • - Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia
  • - TWL Version Data - v0.cia
  • - DS Internet - v2048.cia
  • - DS Download Play - v1024.cia
  • - Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia"
Taken from here...

https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I should learn to read... Yeah sounds like cleaning the contacts with something like isopropyl alcohol would help.

Also look into the cart slot...if any pins are bent then they will need to be fixed...trying to bend them back could damage them.

Last edited by Dave_Chad,

QWERTY1609

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ma buddies, I know it has been a while since the last time I connected to my account. I do not know if I have already specified this, but if I did not, then I am telling. I have 2 more DS games and 2 3DS games, all of them are original ones I bought in the store. The problem relies in the single card detection, all of them are detected normally in the Old 3DSXl, but if I put the DS Nanostray 2 cartridge on, the 3DS simpy does not recognizes it. I have tried already to clean it with a proper alcohol and q tips, but nothing has effect. I remember it stared in 2014, back when I did not have CFW yet. The recognition problem started with a black screen form the DS and an error in white letters saying "An error has ocurred, power off your 3DS and try it again". Then, that cartridge was not recognized at all. I will try out the .cia files from the 3DS Guide. Thx :)

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello ma buddies, I know it has been a while since the last time I connected to my account. I do not know if I have already specified this, but if I did not, then I am telling. I have 2 more DS games and 2 3DS games, all of them are original ones I bought in the store. The problem relies in the single card detection, all of them are detected normally in the Old 3DSXl, but if I put the DS Nanostray 2 cartridge on, the 3DS simpy does not recognizes it. I have tried already to clean it with a proper alcohol and q tips, but nothing has effect. I remember it stared in 2014, back when I did not have CFW yet. The recognition problem started with a black screen form the DS and an error in white letters saying "An error has ocurred, power off your 3DS and try it again". Then, that cartridge was not recognized at all. I will try out the .cia files from the 3DS Guide. Thx :)
im guessing its the cart if other DS games work fine

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can fix this easily... It's a side effect of the old mod i think i've had to sort a few.

"DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide
What You Need
  • The TWL_FIRM .cia for your device
    • - New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia
    • - Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia
  • - TWL Version Data - v0.cia
  • - DS Internet - v2048.cia
  • - DS Download Play - v1024.cia
  • - Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia"
Taken from here...

https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I should learn to read... Yeah sounds like cleaning the contacts with something like isopropyl alcohol would help.

Also look into the cart slot...if any pins are bent then they will need to be fixed...trying to bend them back could damage them.
That's not the problem. It won't straight-up fail to see the cart, it'll fail to play it, being stuck on a white screen. Even if DSi/DS functionality is broken like this, GM9 / D9 would still work.

It's likely that the cart is broken internally, has dusty contacts, or your 3DS has dusty contacts. Clean off the contacts on the DS cart, blow into your 3DS cart slot, and if that fails, pop open the DS cart and look for hardware damage.

QWERTY1609

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the problem. It won't straight-up fail to see the cart, it'll fail to play it, being stuck on a white screen. Even if DSi/DS functionality is broken like this, GM9 / D9 would still work.

It's likely that the cart is broken internally, has dusty contacts, or your 3DS has dusty contacts. Clean off the contacts on the DS cart, blow into your 3DS cart slot, and if that fails, pop open the DS cart and look for hardware damage.
Great, I'll check it out. And, about the plaitect's guide troubleshooting, I've tried it a few minutes ago and it didn't work, everything is same as b4

QWERTY1609

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How should I do that??, It's first time I ever listen of pop opening a DS cartridge. Could u please send a video tutorial URL or explain it step by step?? And in case of being broken internally, then how should I spot it?? And how should I fix it (if it's fixable). By the way, I've already cleaned it with q tips and isopropyl alcohol.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I've already cleaned it with q tips and isopropyl alcohol.

Stop doing that to clean electronics. Isopropyl alcohol is crap for cleaning them. It's not nearly as clean as you think and it leaves a film that attracts more crap in the long run. It's great for cleaning cuts and scrapes, that's why it's in your medicine cabinet and sold at your local drug store and not at electrical component shops. If you are going to use alcohol use 190 proof grain alcohol (e.g Everclear/Clear Spring), but honestly that's still not your best option. And really, do you think that cotton on your QTip got anywhere near that copper between those plastic fingers in the way?

A product actually made for cleaning contacts is WAY better. Be careful though, some contact cleaners can attack plastic. My personal favorite that is plastic safe is DeoxIT, but it's pretty expensive.

If you are going to haul the cartridge apart to look for damage anyway, then your best bet is to just scrub the contacts w/ a soft pencil eraser (like Pentel's click erasers). Seriously, if you can get at a "thing's" contacts easily (even things like PCIe cards), a good eraser scrub is one of the first things you should try. <shrug> You could also just cut the plastic fingers out of the cart case so you can scrub them w/o dismantling the shell.

Really, it is most likely that you are having a contact issue. If you can't follow my advice above and you have some WD40, spray the smallest amount you can on the contacts of the cartridge and then shake and wipe off the excess. Then w/ the 3DS off insert and eject the cart a good number of times (like a lot). Power up the 3DS and try again.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, could be a problem with the 3DS internal cart reader. Open the system, and then blow air through the cart slot (pressurized air, but not too powerful), and see if it helps. Also try blowing from the internal holes in the cart slot that’s on top (open up the system and you’ll see).

hakd88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For some reason, I have the same problem with an edge card I got 2nd hand. It was after I installed CFW that I got it, I tried all the suggestions given here and all over the internet, but I had no luck and it did not work. I can launch it using TWiLight Menu++ though. (maybe you could try it..) I can use it without problems this way, but it takes longer and it doesn't even show up on the home menu.

EDIT: All of the other games I have work, and the edge card doesn't have any dust on the contacts. If it did though, it still works via TWiLight Menu++ so I think it is a problem with the edge card. I also tried it on a DS Lite and a DSi I have, but it would not show up on any, so it seems that it is a problem with the edge card.

Last edited by hakd88,

IncognitoMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From time to time this happens to me too: How I fix: I put a sharp object on the contacts on the card, then blow the card slot. I then try putting it in the slot. If it works, it works. If not, then I try pushing it all the way down then slightly reducing/increasing the pressure until the game gets recognized. Once it does, push it so that the card stays in the slot.
I have 3ds cards that work as expected as soon as you push it in, cancelling the theory that the slot has damage. Therefore the only one left is that the contacts on the card are dusty and need thorough cleaning.
(to clear misunderstanding, this is a message directly to the OP, not @hakd88) .

Last edited by IncognitoMaster,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop doing that to clean electronics. Isopropyl alcohol is crap for cleaning them. It's not nearly as clean as you think and it leaves a film that attracts more crap in the long run. It's great for cleaning cuts and scrapes, that's why it's in your medicine cabinet and sold at your local drug store and not at electrical component shops. If you are going to use alcohol use 190 proof grain alcohol (e.g Everclear/Clear Spring), but honestly that's still not your best option. And really, do you think that cotton on your QTip got anywhere near that copper between those plastic fingers in the way?

A product actually made for cleaning contacts is WAY better. Be careful though, some contact cleaners can attack plastic. My personal favorite that is plastic safe is DeoxIT, but it's pretty expensive.

If you are going to haul the cartridge apart to look for damage anyway, then your best bet is to just scrub the contacts w/ a soft pencil eraser (like Pentel's click erasers). Seriously, if you can get at a "thing's" contacts easily (even things like PCIe cards), a good eraser scrub is one of the first things you should try. <shrug> You could also just cut the plastic fingers out of the cart case so you can scrub them w/o dismantling the shell.

Really, it is most likely that you are having a contact issue. If you can't follow my advice above and you have some WD40, spray the smallest amount you can on the contacts of the cartridge and then shake and wipe off the excess. Then w/ the 3DS off insert and eject the cart a good number of times (like a lot). Power up the 3DS and try again.
Late to the party but:
Isopropyl alcohol does work very well. If it leaves a film on the contacts you got crappy stuff. Only use good 99.9% and not some mixed shit. Acetone or lacquer thinner works well too but remove the shell or it will melt it!

Are you serious? WD40 leaves a thin oil film on there and will make it even worse. You don't want that in your slot/on your contacts.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be 'That guy' but I wholeheartedly agree with ghjfdtg, regarding the Isopropol alcohol and actually it IS/was sold in electronics stores, but in/as brand name containers ex. 'Clean -It ALL' $5.99 that doesn't tell you what it is (otherwise you could just buy it cheaper from your drugstore .99 cents.) The warning labels at radio shack listed 75+ % Isopropyl Alcohol, though I also suggest the highest percentile available, the balance is often water (corrosive + counterproductive)
I personally would be suspicious of using any petroleum derivative as most if not all leave some [invisible] film, adding to the issue.

Antman5ooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a Nanostray 2 DS Physical game (I even have it's box and manuals) and an old 3DSXL with Luma3DS 9.0 and B9S 1.3. The problem is that whenever I insert the DS cartridge, the 3DS doesn't recognize it on the HOME MENU, neither on GodMode9 or Decrypt9 and the ntr launcher by apache thunder (I Think) gets frozen on a white screen. What should I do???, thanks. It was recognized normally long time ago, but one day, it stopped recognizing it, all of a sudden (this happened before I got CFW on my 3DS and now, even if I have it)
I have a similar problem, except, no matter what I do, I can’t seem to get my 2DS to detect any game cards of sort (DS games and 3DS games). I also don’t get the box spinning animation when there isn’t a game card in the game slot. This all started when I had opened the TWLsave app. There, it gives an error code. It could’ve also started when I updated luma…PLEASE HELP!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1