Hacking 3DS doesn't recognise R4 card anymore

tosti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

Installing CFW on my 3DS utilising the ntrboot method with the R4 as my flashcard has left me with an R4 card full of DS games that none of the 3DS handhelds I have access to seems to be able to read.

The 3DSes I tried with have different firmwares on them. One has CFW (latest Sys 11.13) and the other has regular firmware (Ver 11.3.0-6E).

I have tried to look at different solutions:
- update the card's software via the website listed on the card itself
- copy and paste back the backup I made on my pc
- try and get YSMenu working

So far, no results. The Micro SD card is formatted to Fat32 with 32kb cluster size. On the card it says 2017 R4 3DS Upgrade, SDHC Revolution Gold Pro www.r4isdhc.com. The contents on the root of my MicroSD card now look like this:

200307 root microSD.png

Does anyone know what silly mistake(s) I am making? If not, can anyone give me a way to just start from scratch and get this card working again? With all the different things I have tried, I fear I might have mixed together multiple solutions, making it a tangled mess.I have made multiple backups so I am definitely not worried to reset and reformat, and start from scratch.

Cheers in advance.

EDIT:
Reading the 3DS hack guide again, I notice that after installing boot9strap using ntrboot, that the guide has an optional section (Section V) that I skipped. From what I can tell, that section deals with getting flashcards back to their original state. I will read through that section and see if that helps me.

FINAL EDIT:
Yup, that solved it. A couple of weeks ago I followed the 3DS Guide and did not even understand what that optional step was. Reading it through only a few weeks later made it clear that optional section was the one I was looking for. Supposedly, I am now less of a beginner than when I started out so hurray for learning new things.

Last edited by tosti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello