Hacking 3DS dev unit in the wild!

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
You know what would really be interesting ?
- Nintendo's manual for 3DS game developers, including actual hardware specifications
- 3DS game development environment (to run on PC), including 3DS emulator and compiler

The SDK unit by itself might not be that much of help for hackers.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Could he not get sued for this? what if Nintendo found out about this Ebay sale? what if Nintendo sneakily bought it? would that happen?

-signed.
The Spanish Inquisition

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:
Could he not get sued for this? what if Nintendo found out about this Ebay sale? what if Nintendo sneakily bought it? would that happen?

-signed.
The Spanish Inquisition

If he got it from the trash, Nintendo can't do jack shit.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could buy this, but it'll be utter useless to me.
happy.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
boombox said:

-signed.
The Spanish Inquisition

If he got it from the trash, Nintendo can't do jack shit.

What? In most places it is illegal to take items someone threw away, unless you ask first to take said items from their trash. I highly doubt someone gave him permission to take a dev unit from the garbage.

solofrags

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
if the team succeeded in launching lgc their backups, why is it so long to see happen linkers? Could he not give tips to other hackers to create linkers that nout?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that an eBay auction would be helpful towards real homebrew developers. Why not look and see if you can find someone that actually knows their shit, and not a possible collector that'll keep it forever and do nothing?

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
solofrags said:
if the team succeeded in launching lgc their backups, why is it so long to see happen linkers? Could he not give tips to other hackers to create linkers that nout?

That's actually why they are not giving out informations about it: they DON'T want people to develop flashcards like for the DS.

solofrags

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
watch what happens with the latest firmware ps3.Les resist hackers and if they found a solution, Sony releases yet another firmware! it's the end of piracy friends.

urisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what would really help is the toolchain
smile.gif
But I don't think anybody will be leaking that anytime soon.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I don't think that an eBay auction would be helpful towards real homebrew developers. Why not look and see if you can find someone that actually knows their shit, and not a possible collector that'll keep it forever and do nothing?

I would not hold my breath on this. If it is that easy to get this dev kit then it more than likely is insignificant in hacking the 3DS.

Even if it was, it would still be very difficult to achieve.

Over all I'd say that this device is a waste of money currently. And why do we need to pirate games for a system that barely has any so quickly? that is a bit rash.

NintendyFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amber Lamps said:
Slyakin said:

I would not hold my breath on this. If it is that easy to get this dev kit then it more than likely is insignificant in hacking the 3DS.

Even if it was, it would still be very difficult to achieve.

Over all I'd say that this device is a waste of money currently. And why do we need to pirate games for a system that barely has any so quickly? that is a bit rash.

Completely agree with the last phrase.. no need to be in such a hurry to turn this into the PSP.. XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro have you seen the gfuel instagram