Hacking 3DS dev unit in the wild!

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisrlink said:
ebay=find me nintendo i have screwed you over sue me if i was smart hand it over to team supercard or aceKard >:)

This. You do realize ANY 3DS dev team would pay a pretty penny to get their hands on this? Not only that you wouldn't be raising red flags to nintendo for them to shut down your paypal account and condemn their property. Technically only SPECIFIC people are supposed to own that device in the world and even then its "lent" to the developers. If you are not one of those people you are "technically" stealing from nintendo and they have every right to take back what is theirs.

(If im wrong with any of this feel free to correct me)

urisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might help for getting 3DS homebrew, though it'd only be developer model homebrew. I don't have any software for it, so no toolchain
frown.gif
. It has features to import some sort of data from SD card. Not sure what it imports, though. Could be executables? Though it probably isn't. I'll be poking around more in the software later.

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am assuming it has a database of game id's that are allowed to run in 3ds mode, and all 3ds games were published after 2010 (the date of the console) and thats why they dont run. so if you could find a way to use a devkit or something to inject a game id it might execute..(i may have no idea what i am talking about)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
sergster1 said:
chrisrlink said:
ebay=find me nintendo i have screwed you over sue me if i was smart hand it over to team supercard or aceKard >:)

This. You do realize ANY 3DS dev team would pay a pretty penny to get their hands on this? Not only that you would be raising red flags to nintendo for them to shut down your paypal account and condemn their property. Technically only SPECIFIC people are supposed to own that device in the world and even then its "lent" to the developers. If you are not one of those people you are "technically" stealing from nintendo and they have every right to take back what is theirs.

(If im wrong with any of this feel free to correct me)
I think these are sold to developers. So it would be a developer that would be interested in getting this back if indeed it was swiped. Right?

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic should be locked as the item is no longer available on ebay due to the seller taking it down.

Err. Seems like someone bought it. Still. If its an auction he SHOULDN'T have taken it down with only one bid.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
Topic should be locked as the item is no longer available on ebay due to the seller taking it down.
the "Topic" is about these units being out in the wild not being on ebay.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
sergster1 said:
the "Topic" is about these units being out in the wild not being on ebay.

The "Topic" was ORIGINALLY him selling it. He has since then edited his post. Anyway lets just forget about it and talk about the things that this Dev Unit could bring to light instead of arguing.

urisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think it'll bring much to light. I don't have means of taking it apart and dumping the flash or anything. Without a legit flash cart I don't think I can run my own code. Dumping the two included programs would be LOVELY but I don't know how to. Don't think there's a way to export them to SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all