OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendo3dsdevelopmentu.jpg

QUOTE said:
Planet 3DS has received a leak from an “anonymous insider” about the costs of Nintendo 3DS development kits. According to them, “PARTNER-CTR” is the main development system, and “Panda” is an additional Nintendo 3DS unit designed to be used with special flash cards (it is highly likely that the leaked 3DS unit from China from last month was one such unit). You can see the prices of all the different parts of the kit in the table below:

Part # Item Price

73056 PARTNER-CTR DEBUGGER $2,620
73058 PARTNER-CTR DEBUGGER/CAPTURE (Dual Functionality) $3,950
73065 Nintendo 3DS (Development only) “Panda” USA $324
73066 Nintendo 3DS (Development only) “Panda” EU $324
73067 Nintendo 3DS (Development only) “Panda” AUS $324
73062 Flash Card, 16 Gbits (2 GBytes) CTR $85
73063 Backup Memory, 1Mbit (128 KBytes) Flash CTR $8.35
73064 Backup Memory, 4Mbits (512 KBytes) Flash CTR $10.65

While the prices in the table may appear to be a bit on the high side to the common consumer, to game developers, they are pleasantly affordable compared to Nintendo’s long history of outrageously priced dev kits. This goes hand-in-hand with the announcement Iwata made back on September 29th about how he intended to make the 3DS a more attractive system for smaller and independent developers than past Nintendo systems. Lowering the entry cost is definitely a great way to start, and we commend Nintendo for doing just that.
Source

Cheap :wtf:

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
heartgold said:
moodswinger said:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what does this tell us?
Nothing for an average consumer. We know how much developers buy their dev kits off Ninty.

So game developers buy this off Nintendo? Pretty pricey considering the large number of shovelwares in the DS especially if what monkat is saying is true.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume you have to have some kind of cred to get this? they don't sell it to everyone right?

i smiled inside when i seen they have dev flash carts. maybe a commercial one for consumers will come along.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
To be able to buy this (or any other ninty SDK stuff) you need:

1. A detailed description of your company, including a summary of your software publishing experience, financial resources and stability (in the form of an annual report or balance sheet for the last three years) and your industry leadership. This information should be in the form of a corporate prospectus, business plan or summary statement;
2. A detailed introduction to your key personnel and developers setting forth any technical, managerial or sales experience that may be relevant;
3. A marketing plan for your proposed products, including targeted distribution channels, advertising commitments, consumer service resources, merchandising, etc.;
4. Any market study information on consumer demand for your proposed product which you may be relying on;
5. A written description of your proposed software product;
6. A complete summary and at least three samples of software you have previously published and upon which you rely for establishing your technical know-how. [/p]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
73067 Nintendo 3DS (Development only) “Panda” AUS $324[/p]Nintendo still hasn't heard of currency change. Every developers will want an USA unit, certainly not one from Australia.

Anyway, this SDK looks cheaper than any previous console to me. Could they hope for new third parties developers (from iphone world for example) to be interested and buy a license ?

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyan said:
73067 Nintendo 3DS (Development only) “Panda” AUS $324[/p]Nintendo still hasn't heard of currency change. Every developers will want an USA unit, certainly not one from Australia.

Anyway, this SDK looks cheaper than any previous console to me. Could they hope for new third parties developers (from iphone world for example) to be interested and buy a license ?
Euhm... they are ALL the exact same amount being 324 dollar, hence the $ sign. One can also assume they mean USD

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Cyan said:

Euhm... they are ALL the exact same amount being 324 dollar, hence the $ sign. One can also assume they mean USD

Yeah, it comes out funny here because of the lack of tables. See the source page to see what I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either