3DS Designed By Kids

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Nollog, Dec 19, 2010.

Dec 19, 2010

3DS Designed By Kids by Nollog at 7:00 PM (1,556 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Nollog
    OP

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/12/what-...signed-by-kids/
    I like some of those ideas.
    I like them all except playing on a tv. Would be a nice extra, but wouldn't pay for it.
    1 was rumored during e3, 2 would be nice in the 3ds shop, 4 would be handy, 5 would be handy and SSBB did something similar.

What do you think?
    About his kids ideas, and about what you would add or remove if you had designed the 3DS

edit: uh, thought I was in hardware... but maybe this can be considered content? mod please move when you see this.

2. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Not a fan of number 3 and 4, but all the other ideas are good.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    1 will never happen because it will just promote piracy

as for 2, the whole idea just sounds stupid, if you have a DSL why not just play gba games from that?
    but instead now you have to tether 2 devices together to somehow export the game to the 3DS (if the games can be saved then this will also never happen because of the same reason in 1)

4. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    What wrong with 4?

hmm... 2 and 5 seem like to much trouble.

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    All would be great features, but 1 lends itself to piracy (renting or borrowing games, dumping them, returning them).

I guess this could be worked around if games from the start have a section on their chips to store say the serial number of the 3DS that dumped them, and refuse to dump onto any other 3DS in future. So at most one person per game could pirate it (if one person played from cart at all times and another dumped it). They couldn't force the actual game cart to be played solely on that 3DS once its been dumped though, because for stuff like sharing games between siblings etc. that'd make it impossible.

6. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    It would not promote piracy if the games are coded to one specific 3DS. I mean, nobody cracked the DSiWare's console specific downloads, after all. besides, DS games are dumped to the interwebs already anyways.

7. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    The original public of Nintendo were the kids dammit!

8. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    bright ideas... i think TV thing would not make the 3DS a portable console, it losing its charm
    number 5 seems to be the best idea but still, something tht makes ppl share their game

9. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    It's just that I'm not a big Mii user so I'm not really interested in this feature.

And I was thinking about 2 as a Virtual Console, not necessarly the "link up DS and GBA" thing. 5 would be a problem for GB and GBA save (it could be solved if you could play GBA and GB games on a Virtual Console).

10. gamefreak94

Member gamefreak94 GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster

United States
    That idea would still promote piracy. The owner could then sell their game and also make profit a long with piracy, which is even worse.

11. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Well, a few of these will probably come true.

The Miis are transferable (confirmed), there will be Gameboy and Gameboy Color games through a virtual console (which could lead to to Gameboy Advance), and Nintendo was talking about downloading games to your 3DS.

12. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Maximum of one pirated copy for every sold game is not bad, compared to e.g. the Wii at the moment, on which there is a limitless supply of pirated copies, regardless of how many copies are legitimately bought. The vast majority of people who buy games won't dump them and pass/sell them on I reckon.

13. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I think being able to play on a Television would be a good idea....the PSP had an AV out port...why can't the 3DS? Though you would loose any potential 3D functionality unless there were compatible 3D TV's. Whoever said being able to play it on a TV would loose it's portability doesn't know what they're talking about and that makes no sense....as I said look at the PSP!

14. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    and what about those?
    all of those were meant with DRM in mind attached to it

regular DS and GBA games dont have any such thing as they wernt meant to be stored/copied
    MS got around this by requiring the legit disc of the game in a drive to play the game stored

15. diando

Member diando GBATemp™ Creepy Arceus™

Canada
    I like 3 and 4 but I would use 3DS as a Wii/VC controller.