3DS demo video: Mii creation from a picture and more

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,674
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted_171835

OP

There's some video from Japan's Weekly ASCII showing off a few of the the Nintendo 3DS features. One of the coolest is automatic Mii creation from a photograph. At the end of the above video you'll see a person being photographed. After being shot, a Mii's head is covered by a box with the snapped photo on the front. After a bit of processing and an animated struggle, the box comes off and a Mii face is created. It looks just like the dude...or as close as a Mii can look. It's not going to get me excited about using Miis, but the technology is cool.

In the video you'll also see some Augmented Reality using cards. It's hard to tell what's going on, but the demoers sound impressed. Siliconera says that the 3DS will be packed with six of these AR cards. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I'm so excited! The Mii creation feature works well. They do need to increase the colour palette, though.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Via Siliconera.
Who decided to make a news post of an extremely old video!
I wonder why?
At any rate, I find the Mii-from-a-picture thing really cool. Everyone who makes their Miis prettier than what they actually are will feel very sad
tpi.gif

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Goli said:
Via Siliconera.
Who decided to make a news post of an extremely old video!
Dang.
I didn't know the video was released in September of 2010. I blame Siliconera!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative