Hardware 3ds demo unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintondo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone figure out a way to deal with this problem? I'm suffering from the exact same (even down to getting it from a display in Argos, haha) problem. I managed to update the system but i still can't play it without the system being on charge.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone figure out a way to deal with this problem? I'm suffering from the exact same (even down to getting it from a display in Argos, haha) problem. I managed to update the system but i still can't play it without the system being on charge.

A thought did occur to me, you could probably get one of these to fix it:

347wubl.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Grip-3DS-Nintendo/dp/B0057WWR0C

It looks like it connects to the power much like the docking cradle does, so if your 3DS switches on whilst sat in one of those cradles then the Nyko Power Grip should work too. Can't find them on sale in UK though.

it would not hurt to try this as it keeps the 3ds in "AC Mode" while supplying power to the 3DS. that should keep the 3ds on thinking its plugged in.

alpacaown

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you guys ever find a solution to this as I was just about to buy an ex-shop display 3ds and wanted to know if this problem was fixable?

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS hacking is still in its infancy. They only managed a small exploit to run already signed games and ignore the region coding/report a different region code to the official game. Firmware won't be customizable for at least a couple years.

No, it won't run

Shanerc1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the fact that its a demo has anything to do with the problem. I have fixed many 3DS systems with this same problem. Believe it or not the problem is actually in the charging port most of the time. The solder joints on the charge port break loose. Try soldering all the joints on the charge port. Nine times out of ten this will fix the problem.

Dark_Angel_Arus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this.

My office's break area once had one of those shop display stands with 2 3DSs attached to it.
As nobody touched them for a year or so, they decided to sell them off for charity so I bought one.

Here is the issue:
When plugged into the mains, the console will turn on and work fine.
The battery indicator will display the batteries status, and charge properly.
But as soon as you unplug the unit, it turns off....

I assumed it was the battery, as it spent a year plugged in, so I bought a new battery. It took about 4 hours to charge, but didn't help.

The other unit from the display stand has the same issue.

Looking around on the net I found a very small amount of info, saying that this was done on purpose.
I asked Nintendo support, but they have no idea....

Can anyone tell me:
1. Is this done by a change of hardware, or a software setting?
2. HOW DO I FIX IT??????

This has been driving me crazy for a week! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Dark Angel Arus

left4deadkillez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I bought that battery that was recommended it didn't work until I cut an old phone charger and took a bit of copper wire and put it in facing away from each other in the actual charge port bent them into the dock spot. Look at my video sorry for quality
Google
demo 3ds fix like only video

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Its a demo unit. It has a small piece of hardware in it that forces this behavior. Its so it can stay on no matter what and really act like a demo unit for public use. Also, in case of theft it just wont turn on so it discourages people from just grabbing it and running because they will think it just doesn't work without it being on the stand.

This behavior is 100% implemented by Nintendo for demo units only. ALSO, demo units are NEVER supposed to be resold and are to be returned to Nintendo to be retired. I would just get rid of it or sell it on ebay as a demo unit. You will also notice that if you try to register it, it will give you the error that the unit is not for resale.

impulseADH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone learned anything further about 3ds kiosk / demo units?

regards,

npt

impulseADH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite literally just retail units that only work with chargers plugged in

So there is some sort of hardware difference then though right? I mean based just on what you said, there has to be some sort of hardware difference, yes? Can they take just standard retail updates then? Is there anything different about the firmware or just something different about the motherboard that makes it so it cannot receive power from the battery?

I would love ANY info anyone has here, even if it's to say it's a standard retail unit with a power mod. :)

Thanks so much to @KashiToxicBlood for replying, and anyone else who has anything to say.

Regards,

npt

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is some sort of hardware difference then though right? I mean based just on what you said, there has to be some sort of hardware difference, yes? Can they take just standard retail updates then? Is there anything different about the firmware or just something different about the motherboard that makes it so it cannot receive power from the battery?

I would love ANY info anyone has here, even if it's to say it's a standard retail unit with a power mod. :)

Thanks so much to @KashiToxicBlood for replying, and anyone else who has anything to say.

Regards,

npt
Ive been looking for motherboard pics of n3ds kiosk systems as i might have one, but have no waynto be sure.

impulseADH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see any if you come up with them. :)

I've just received my 3ds xl kiosk and 2ds kiosk. Both on 7.x firmware. Pleased. Now, to get a european game that updates to 9.2, I hear that cooking mama - bon appetit one is really the only 9.2E update cart. Anyone know regarding a european game that'll up to 9.2? I am in the us but have these .eu kiosks.

Also I should point out, the 2ds actually has a "Modified HW" sticker from nintendo on the back with a 7 digit number.

-npt

Last edited by impulseADH,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see any if you come up with them. :)

I've just received my 3ds xl kiosk and 2ds kiosk. Both on 7.x firmware. Pleased. Now, to get a european game that updates to 9.2, I hear that cooking mama - bon appetit one is really the only 9.2E update cart. Anyone know regarding a european game that'll up to 9.2? I am in the us but have these .eu kiosks.

Also I should point out, the 2ds actually has a "Modified HW" sticker from nintendo on the back with a 7 digit number.

-npt
Id like to see the motherboard of the n3ds you have. Your best bet is get a sky3ds or oot to exploit

impulseADH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an n3ds xl kiosk unfortunately; but a 3ds xl kiosk. :) I am happy to get pics of the boards once I take it part though. I want to know once and for all what the hardware difference is.

(Oh and I have a sky3ds already, just need to find cooking mama eu rom..)

-npt

Last edited by impulseADH,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4