So they passed the $1,000 mark? That's cool.
I pitched in a while back but I'm not sure if they ever got my pledge because of the moneybookers process, not good...
I wonder how long it is going to take once they have the funds to have the decapping finished with the images in their emails. They already seem to be making consistent progress on GPU commands. Will they really blow thru the hacking once they have the pictures?
I wonder how long it is going to take once they have the funds to have the decapping finished with the images in their emails. They already seem to be making consistent progress on GPU commands. Will they really blow thru the hacking once they have the pictures?
I just blasted through a few pages to see most of the discussion but one particular question keeps bugging me:
Why would I donate for this project when the 3ds is already hacked, but more or less just in the state of 'waiting with release until the right moment'
I have some money to spend but I'm just not entirely convinced yet.
It's not clear for me anyway, would anyone care to enlighten me?
I just blasted through a few pages to see most of the discussion but one particular question keeps bugging me:
Why would I donate for this project when the 3ds is already hacked, but more or less just in the state of 'waiting with release until the right moment'
I have some money to spend but I'm just not entirely convinced yet.
It's not clear for me anyway, would anyone care to enlighten me?
To elaborate, the current hack is user-mode only with additional limitations on top of that. And it could be patched easily. The hope is that learning about the hardware's deepest, darkest secrets (i.e. keys) could make future hacks more robust (useful) and secure (hard for Nintendo to patch).
To elaborate, the current hack is user-mode only with additional limitations on top of that. And it could be patched easily. The hope is that learning about the hardware's deepest, darkest secrets (i.e. keys) could make future hacks more robust (useful) and secure (hard for Nintendo to patch).
If contributers get copies of the images, I'm happy to donate. I can't seem to find the paypal link though... if someone could help out that would be great.
edit: skrill is being uncooperative... I'll donate whenever the site lets me update my payment options...
edit 2: I'm still getting this message and I have no idea how to donate without adding funds to my account:
We are currently working on allowing uploads into your wallet. Nevertheless, you can still make payments to merchants and websites by using credit card or bank wire. When you reach the checkout simply select the option to "Pay via Skrill (Moneybookers)", login to your account and complete your payment.
Unfortunately Paypal doesn't want anything to do with the decapping project or fundraiser. Image1, Image2, Image3
I've replaced the Paypal donation button with one from MoneyBookers ( "Skrill" ) which is another payment gateway similar to Paypal.
As for the funds that have been donated through Paypal, apparently they're frozen for up to 180 days and then released (see the first image above).
After discussing it with other 3DBrew members, I intend to contribute the current donation amount (from my own pocket) and collect the "frozen" funds in 180 days, leaving the current donation count as it is. This is to make sure current donators aren't affected by this decision adversely and so we aren't forced to wait another 180 days to continue.
I've also set up a 'donation refund request' page here for those that donated by Paypal and have the means to donate by Moneybookers or who simply want a refund for their own reason. I strongly recommend filling it out if you are able to use Moneybookers because it will mean your donated funds will be returned to you immediately and you'll get the full amount returned (including Paypal fees that would've been deducted otherwise).
I'll try to get the Paypal account reinstated but my experience with Paypal is once you get on their bad side it's *extremely difficult to change that fact, even if you are in the right. Decapping and SEM imaging are not explicitly against Paypal's terms of service but they most likely don't want to take any chances.
I apologize to all the current supporters for this turn of events but hopefully your support won't go to waste.
* We're aware that Moneybookers isn't available in some locations. We're looking into alternatives.
* Before it's asked - Google Wallet and Amazon Payment require registrants to be US-based.
Q&A:
From what I've seen Kickstarter uses Amazon Payments which restricts its service to US-based residents. They require a US-based credit card, bank account and tax information.
It isn't 'gone' but if they hold it for 180 days, it's not that much different.
Although I can't use the account to send/withdraw anything, I can refund any transaction made in the past 60 days, so it -is- possible for everyone to get their donation back.
We haven't yet.
It's been verified by mailing address, bank account and credit card. I don't think that factored into their decision, unfortunately.
well moneybookers still doesn't want to let me add funds. I will wait until tomorrow to see if the issue fixes itself, otherwise I'll call them and get everything sorted out.
I will try to bump a little. I'm from China and the MoneyBookers does not seem to be convenient for me to contribute. I got interested in that SEM image so would u confirm that i would get a copy of that after it? Also, Is that correct?
I mean, is this dialog appeared correctly? I was using the link on 3dbrew.org.
Oh i had to go out for tranfer now.
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...