trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crap! crapcrap :| well, my old 3DS is lost, i traded it in gamestop when Vita came. But i did this; http://www.nintendo....nfer-data-to-sd . Wont it work? cause. when i formated my old 3DS and then tried my backup data card and the games where there on the main screen. But it depends if the 3DS systemtransfer only takes the eshop.

HAHA lol nwm, "Important Note! Data being transferred to an SD Card is only useable on the system it came from." . GREAT Nintendo, why dont they just make a damn eshop user login?? bah now i lost some eshop games :(

You need the original 3DS to transfer the game to another 3DS. SD card backup is encrypted with a unique key that only your original 3DS has, and it is only there so you don't run out of internal memory space.

No, you misunderstand, my original console died, completely and utterly, the motherboard was b0rked! When i sent it off under and extended warranty to be repaired by a company called "Console Doctor" (it was out of nintendo's warranty ya see) they replaced the motherboard, so the original ambassador motherboard ceases to exist now! Therefore no-one has my Ambassador status, least of all, me :(

Well then you are out of luck, since extended warranty is not offered by Nintendo but rather outside company.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nintendo normally transfer licensees when they repair a console so you could of re downloaded onto the console

when you traded in your console you traded in the licensees so basically you no longer owned teh games
completely different to steam who lock to accounts rarther than systems

whoever bought your console now owns the ambassador games, and might not even know it lol

hence is the reason why i hate any sort of drm, and i am concerned about the wii u, as they are console games, games should be tied to your account (what is the point of nintendo not utilising the new nintendo network that they announced, this is their only opportunity to correct this problem) sony and microsoft ties games to your account and i think nintendo should really do the same, this is concerning for anyone who wants to resale their console or who needs to backup their games, it's digital content, there is even new law in europe for you to resell digital content now so things has to change for nintendo in the future.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No, you misunderstand, my original console died, completely and utterly, the motherboard was b0rked! When i sent it off under and extended warranty to be repaired by a company called "Console Doctor" (it was out of nintendo's warranty ya see) they replaced the motherboard, so the original ambassador motherboard ceases to exist now! Therefore no-one has my Ambassador status, least of all, me :(

i think it's pointless trying to contact nintendo over this matter as the games are gone, he already sold the console and it's too late to connect his games to a club nintendo account (if what people say is true about the linking in the first place) they are tied to the console he downloads anyway, there is not much more he can do, i would be angry if i paid money for those games and lost them, not knowing about this, especially mums who buy 3ds for their kids, they haven't got a clue how digital content works.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

i think it's pointless trying to contact nintendo over this matter as the games are gone, he already sold the console and it's too late to connect his games to a club nintendo account (if what people say is true about the linking in the first place) they are tied to the console he downloads anyway, there is not much more he can do, i would be angry if i paid money for those games and lost them, not knowing about this, especially mums who buy 3ds for their kids, they haven't got a clue how digital content works.

I DID link a club nintendo account from day one, all it saved in the pruchase history was the Excitebike download and the pokedex, NONE of the ambassador games are saved.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Without being rude, but next time, be more careful with your stuff. And only use official Nintendo repairs, since they preserve your data.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
You're out of luck.

that means i have to get a 3DS in order to get my transfer?

you need the console to transfer the data over, you can't just copy contents from a sd card it dosn't work that way unfortunately.

dammit! i was afraid of that. its pretty stupid to make it this way Nintendo!.. well well, i have to get my hands on a 3ds then, cause i have a few eshop games that i want.

Ty for answers anyways :) and let this topic be here for others to see. Ive tried to google the answer, but no luck :\

Cheers!
it won't work. You need the original 3DS with all of the games and data you want to transfer from...

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
games should be tied to your account (what is the point of nintendo not utilising the new nintendo network that they announced, this is their only opportunity to correct this problem) sony and microsoft ties games to your account and i think nintendo should really do the same

Well they are planning on implementing this, but who knows when it will occur. Round about the launch of the Wii-U would be a good bet

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I know of a way to use data from one 3DS on another. You need to have two 3DS systems. Back up the SD card you are going to transfer data from to a PC. Transfer the data from one 3DS to the other. Copy the data back tot he original 3DS from the PC back-up. Since the data is from the original 3DS, it's already signed to that console. I have two 3DS here and it works perfectly.

EDIT:
I had read online that this would not work but well it did work fine for me. Once and a while I get an error saying "This can only be used on the system it was downloaded on" or something like that. I just restart my 3DS and it works

But yeah back tot he main point, you need the original 3DS. The data is encrypted so you need the original to de-crypt and encrypt it.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
1. Don't sell your 3DS if you plan to buy a 3DS XL, you need it to transffer all your data to the XL

2. You need the original 3DS to transffer all your games/saves/eshop info/settings to your New 3DS XL
3. Be sure to backup your SD from the old 3DS (Not really needed, but you never know)
4. Be sure to have both systems fully charged or connected to a powersuply
5. You need a working WiFi AP to do tyhe transffer
6. Read ALL on screen instructions carefully

If you follow this your data transffer will go perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far