• Poll closed .

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
eventually 3ds will be hacked fully ,the question is simple do you prefer a 3ds custom firmware like ps3 solution or a flashcard.
first option is yes to custom firmware
second option is no to custom firmware
plz justify your answer

rusty_train

Trophies
XP
Country
Flash Card, Def flash card, CFW is great, its free and gives full potential, but then you run the risk of 3ds brick during CFW install, so really a flash card is alot bettter

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
15169136.jpg

PSP CFW is so good integration with basic system I would vote for that. Also it's really hard to get regular DS flashcards compared to just bigger regular SD cards.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flashcards pretty much promote the ease of piracy and brings floods of noobs that ask the same question a gazillion times.

I prefer a CFW, or an alternative system menu like FSD on the 360.
However... a Linux loader like XeLL also wouldn't be that bad.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The case with the PSP is , it had a custom firmware where you can reverse back to original firmware for PSN proposes or whatever else reasons there might be.
It had "full control" over system functions as well as flexibility to undo whatever you did through, at least, a rewrite of the original firmware which you had easy access to almost at all time.

If you can achieve that on a 3DS, I'd very much like a CFW, otherwise a flashcart would do fine.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do that with flash carts. Anything they run is region-free and ROM hacks and stuff work just fine.
I doubt it. I'd honestly expect flash carts to be 1:1 copies of games and to work like the current 360 solutions in not allowing region free or any worthwhile modding without detection.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it. I'd honestly expect flash carts are almost certainly going to be 1:1 on the 3ds I imagine. Much like the state of 360 isos.
I meant you can do that with flash carts now, and if on the 3DS they're 1:1, then they're not flash carts, they're bootlegs.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant you can do that with flash carts now, and if on the 3DS they're 1:1, then they're not flash carts, they're bootlegs.
A flash cart designed purely to run commercial games is still a flash cart. I honestly see carts only being able to run signed commerical roms as more likely than a current DS styled solution.

But if it's a case of 'fully hacked cfw vs. fully exploitable flash carts' I'd obviously go with CFW as it's just one less layer of complexity to bang shit on an SD card and run it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A flash cart designed purely to run commercial games is still a flash cart.
But a cart that's 1:1 is not a flash cart, as it's not flashable. See Crown3DS and Ace3DS Pro/Plus/whatever.

EDIT: Or rather, the 3DS sides of those carts.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P