Hardware 3DS Colour

oliverlubbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come the 3DS is only releasing Blue and Black in Australia.
hate2.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is not enough demand for it and they can't make a bunch of green and red consoles and end up with no black and blue while there are a bunch of red and green availabe, just because most ppl don't want them
i would like a dark-green, but aquablue will be ok
happy.gif

shouldn't this be in the 3ds section?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It's always been the case.... When a console comes out it usually limited to either one or a couple of colours....... Later on - Nintendo then brings out other colours

IIRC when the DSPhat first came out, it was only available in silver - then you could get other colours,
the same for the DSi - that was only Black and White on release IIRC - now we have various other colours. The Wii - was originally only available in white - now we have Black and Red versions

I would guess it's the same for the 3DS - we'll start with the Blue and Black, then when a Mario game comes out - the red?? , Zelda game - the green ?? then other colours I would guess will come out

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Wait a few months. If the 3DS doesn't die (which it will) you'll probably see it in more colors.

You're psychic, too? That's the second person tonight that I've seen that says that something WILL happen... Hmmmm....

I don't think it'll die. With or without 3D the 3DS is something to be reckoned with. I myself am hoping for purple.
biggrin.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't release in a lot of colors because while few people will only buy an object because it's a certain color, MANY MANY more will NOT buy something because of the color.

Imagine if you will the system was released in black, blue, and pink. Most gamers are still male and the black and blue units will sell out faster... How many little boys will buy the pink system versus waiting for more black and blue to come in?

There will already be shortages of the system at launch. Nintendo isn't going to want to hurt it's own sales by running out of colors that are more neutral and thus more likely to sell.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Black is definitively a safer choice, I've read many impressions/comments describing blue one as ugly.
Still the shininess of 3DS is a big fail for me, making it look cheap and plasticky...

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
Black is definitively a safer choice, I've read many impressions/comments describing blue one as ugly.
Still the shininess of 3DS is a big fail for me, making it look cheap and plasticky...

not rly
most ppl say the blue suck and those who actually saw the aqua blue version mostly said it looks great
the black will be a bigger problem during the summer, i can guarantee that
the shininess makes it look the opposite of "cheap and plasticky", the problem is, it's fingerprint magnet, which the matt dsi wasn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users