Homebrew 3DS cheats like gameshark/action replay?

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping there would be some cheat injection tool for 3DS games but I can't seem to find one. I'm playing games via installed CIAs, I never use my 3DS with the Wi-Fi on.
Is there any homebrew out there that can help me?
Thank you :)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping there would be some cheat injection tool for 3DS games but I can't seem to find one. I'm playing games via installed CIAs, I never use my 3DS with the Wi-Fi on.
Is there any homebrew out there that can help me?
Thank you :)
[Release]BootNTR Selector

and for the plugins (actual cheat files) . . . Plugins - NTR CFW Plugins most of the links are down but it links to other sources very early on(/in)

Last edited by wormdood,

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Weird, when I load NTR, press Home as described and try to launch a game, it's asking me to close CTR before I launch the game thus killing the process... What am I doing wrong?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, when I load NTR, press Home as described and try to launch a game, it's asking me to close CTR before I launch the game thus killing the process... What am I doing wrong?
it sounda like you simply opened bootntr selector and pressed home . . . you actually have to pick a version of ntr . . . there are 3 because some games dont work with some versions

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it sounda like you simply opened bootntr selector and pressed home . . . you actually have to pick a version of ntr . . . there are 3 because some games dont work with some versions

Weird that I don't get any of those options, on the first run I got the option of where to install and now when I open it, it just asks me to press home to select a game.
The CIA I installed was the boot9 NTRSelector, I've put a blank action replay file into the plugin/gid/ folder

I could not find any other instruction :(

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird that I don't get any of those options, on the first run I got the option of where to install and now when I open it, it just asks me to press home to select a game.
The CIA I installed was the boot9 NTRSelector
but the guide i linked you to does not supply that file it links you to a different version named "BootNTRSelector-FONZD-Banner.cia" . . . i cant help but wounder why you would ask for help and then not read through what is/was provided to you
I've put a blank action replay file into the plugin/gid/ folder
it does not use action replay files . . . it uses ntr plugins . . .
I could not find any other instruction :(
How to use cheats in games

Make a folder in the root of your sd card called plugin. Find a cheat for your game from

After downloading, copy the folder with the id of your game to plugin. You can check the id with FBI to be sure. If there is only a cheat.plg, make a folder for your game (the title of the folder should be the game id) and put the plg in there.

Put your sd card back in your 3DS, load NTR, and open a game. Press x+y and go down to game plugin. Your cheats should be there.

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no plg for Pocket Card Jockey, I read up how to make my own as best I could, it said I needed to use the blank file which is aptly named actionreplay.plg and I assumed this was what I needed to use, there are a lot of different applications for one purpose and it's quite confusing for me as a new user of CFW on Nintendo devices to catch up with whats what, my apologies.

When I got to the github repo for NTR, I was offered a few choices and having had no prior knowledge or experience with this I did what anyone would do and searched the forum for the answer which told me I needed the boot3 file for my device as it isn't a "new 3DS". Thank you for being patient, I am now downloading the first one in the list instead.

upload_2019-1-16_18-36-36.png

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got to the github repo for NTR, I was offered a few choices and having had no prior knowledge or experience with this I did what anyone would do and searched the forum for the answer which told me I needed the boot3 file for my device as it isn't a "new 3DS". Thank you for being patient, I am now downloading the first one in the list instead.
boot 3 or mode 3 should be a selection from bootntr selector
What is Mode 3 ?
Mode 3 is a version of BootNTR which will allows you to use NTR on games that use Extended Memory Mode on Old3DS (such as Pokémon Moon/Sun, Monster Hunter Generation...).
To use it, just launch the Mode 3 and when it tells you to press Home, you press Home and launch your game directly, without closing the Selector app.
Does Mode 3 replace the Normal version, or do I need both ?
Short answer: no and you need both.
This concerns only the Old3DS's users, not the users of the New3DS.
You need both, because the Mode 3 is only for games using the Extended Memory Mode.
On others games, you need to launch the Normal version just like before.
(the above is taken from the faq section of the page i linked for you)
Pocket Card Jockey
this game is not very intensive/large there is no reason it should need extended memory mode (boot3)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read up how to make my own as best I could, it said I needed to use the blank file which is aptly named actionreplay.plg and I assumed this was what I needed to use
also i have never made my own plugins . . . where did you get this information?

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
boot 3 or mode 3 should be a selection from bootntr selector
What is Mode 3 ?
Mode 3 is a version of BootNTR which will allows you to use NTR on games that use Extended Memory Mode on Old3DS (such as Pokémon Moon/Sun, Monster Hunter Generation...).
To use it, just launch the Mode 3 and when it tells you to press Home, you press Home and launch your game directly, without closing the Selector app.
Does Mode 3 replace the Normal version, or do I need both ?
Short answer: no and you need both.
This concerns only the Old3DS's users, not the users of the New3DS.
You need both, because the Mode 3 is only for games using the Extended Memory Mode.
On others games, you need to launch the Normal version just like before.
(the above is taken from the faq section of the page i linked for you)
this game is not very intensive/large there is no reason it should need extended memory mode (boot3)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also i have never made my own plugins . . . where did you get this information?
upload_2019-1-16_19-0-56.png

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrpluginframework-blank-plugin-now-with-action-replay.487729/

Granted I don't really know if the actionreplay plugin was necessary to get what I needed. I just wanted to get to a hex search option which I can now do.
Thank you for your constructive responses

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I F got the codes for pokemon Y to show up finally. Now the results of the 60fps cheat:

1st try: 60fps cheat on, L2 disabled and clock 268 = exception error

2nd try: cheat on, both L2 and clock = sometimes work but everything speeds up more than it should (fast fowarding) and sometimes exception error

any idea why this is happening? I'm using new 3DS XL and luma 10.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ