Hacking 3ds Case Mod/Peripherals

klallen1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm disabled and I have muscular dystrophy. That has nothing to do with this post. Something called Atrophy happens along with it and makes my hands not open up all the way. And it's okay, I can still kick ass on Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros., Metal Gear Solid, etcetra... However, my "atrophied" hands can not grip the 3ds to be used to play or be able to enjoy the stunning visuals this great handheld can show. So, if there is anyone into hardware modification that knows what they are doing, I can provide an image to better describe what I want. Here it is:

http://i388.photobuc.../Untitled-3.jpg

Hopefully someone can do this without actually destroying a perfectly good 3ds. Any help or ideas would be great.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure some designer/eletronics guy here could help out, the case mod tho isn't so much a problem as moveing the button placements on the hardware in the 3DS , I am sure it is possible but I am unsure how hard it would be, maybe there would be a way to rig it with some sutton pads and wire but I don't know.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know much, but I can tell you something about the basics, considering I already opened some controllers and all that~

There MIGHT be a way to make some "extra controller" maybe soldering some wires to the buttons and making a new set of buttons to actually make the contact. These are the easy part, the harder ones are the shoulder triggers [L and R] which have a slight different mechanism [you can feel that they "click" instead of the softer feel of the ABXY buttons] and the circle pad, which would need a spare part or something completely new to work.

That and the whole soldering stuff is a bit hard, but people can turn a N64 into a huge handheld, then they can do that. I'm sure I heard something similar was done in a psp, so the user could use a ps2 controller on it.

Anyway, good luck, It's likely possible, and the real problem would be finding someone near you that would accept to do the modification. [Not even talking about money... I'd do it if I was able to and lived near you, but I can't risk ruining a brand new hardware]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY