Relikss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I have for some time a New 2ds XL with the capture board (by Keity), I recently downloaded the integrated software. The problem is that the bottom screen has a really bad color, well it has a big problem, while the top screen is perfect. I make you some pictures. I tried to modify in the "color calibration" or "signal calibration" but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    864.9 KB · Views: 146
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    622.4 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    879.9 KB · Views: 118
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 132

vampire_mecha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi !

I have for some time a New 2ds XL with the capture board (by Keity), I recently downloaded the integrated software. The problem is that the bottom screen has a really bad color, well it has a big problem, while the top screen is perfect. I make you some pictures. I tried to modify in the "color calibration" or "signal calibration" but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance for any help !
it looks like the bottom screen sync is incorrect. There are options for the bottom screen for 3d and 2d, so make sure that you try changing both.
After I'm done with work I'll post the values that I have and you can try them to see if that helps.
There may be a possibility that the installation didn't get the bottom screen right as well, so let's hope that it's just the software config that's the problem

Reactions: E1ite007

Relikss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried, but nothing conclusive :/
@Hayato213

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks a lot, I think it's due to that too, though I tried to touch it and it doesn't change anything. I hope so too! @vampire_mecha

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.merki.net/info/?lang=en&v=7516fd43adaa

probably got to play around with your calibration under config.
A bad cable, or malfunctioning port(they can come loose from stress) can cause this.

Also simply using a different USB Port. Those katsu cards can have quite a few quirks sometimes

Ive owned several of them, and 9/10 times it had something to do with either the cord or USB port I was using

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bad cable, or malfunctioning port(they can come loose from stress) can cause this.

Also simply using a different USB Port. Those katsu cards can have quite a few quirks sometimes

Ive owned several of them, and 9/10 times it had something to do with either the cord or USB port I was using

Hopefully a new cable fix it, her soldering suck big time.

Relikss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You probably either have to play around with the bottom screen setting or you got a bad board.
Yes, but in my memory it worked fine before... but it's been more than a year and I reinstalled everything a few days ago, I really don't understand..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but in my memory it worked fine before... but it's been more than a year and I reinstalled everything a few days ago, I really don't understand..

What happen when you change the setting for the button screen does it improve, does it get worse? You need to find the value it match for your unit as close as possible. Problem with Katsukity, her soldering suck so people tend to get one that doesn't work properly or doesn't work at all, there is the tv tuner kit but I doubt that fix your problem, even if you use the tv tuner kit you might have the same problem

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happen when you change the setting for the button screen does it improve, does it get worse? You need to find the value it match for your unit as close as possible. Problem with Katsukity, her soldering suck so people tend to get one that doesn't work properly or doesn't work at all, there is the tv tuner kit but I doubt that fix your problem, even if you use the tv tuner kit you might have the same problem
Aren’t TV tuner kits sold out everywhere?
I’ve always wanted to install both one of those and a controller mod for a good TV experience

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren’t TV tuner kits sold out everywhere?
I’ve always wanted to install both one of those and a controller mod for a good TV experience

There is a tutorial out there how to make one, yea the one that merki was selling was sold out, I did figure out how to configure it

Relikss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

It doesn't change anything, just the "DW scrn SYNC" value which makes my screen even more unreadable.
What's the tv tunner kit ?

Attachments

• 0.PNG
    0.PNG
    341.8 KB · Views: 123

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't change anything, just the "DW scrn SYNC" value which makes my screen even more unreadable.
What's the tv tunner kit ?

play around with that sync value I guess, change the number to see if it change anything, the tv tuner kit is a raspberry pi that can output the capture card to a tv or monitor, without the software running on a computer, basically you run the rpi_new3ds_view.bin on a pi.

Relikss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
play around with that sync value I guess, change the number to see if it change anything, the tv tuner kit is a raspberry pi that can output the capture card to a tv or monitor, without the software running on a computer, basically you run the rpi_new3ds_view.bin on a pi.
I will try again but I doubt it will make a difference. Ah ok I see, in my case it won't be very practical since I want to shoot the screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night