Hacking 3DS Bricking Rumor

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It was only a few poorly made clones that caused the bricks (blown fuses, to be precise). There are several threads here about it along with instructions on how to fix the damage. Guess what, if you stick +3V where it doesn't belong you can expect it to do some damage and that applies to anything.
Never heard of it, to be honest. It must be pretty *hard* to short a cartridge slot in a way that would be harmful to the hardware. The designer would have to be a special kind of an idiot.

Well it was only a few VERY poorly made clones designed by total idiots and even with those clones it was still fairly rare. The N5 was the biggest offender though apparently some batches of the M3 DS Real had issues as well.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've been reading this topic and I strongly believe that the rumor is fake. Look at me, I've run plenty of R4's on my 2 DS's, NONE of which have been bricked. The R4's didn't work but that's not saying much! Anyway, That is what makes me believe that the rumor is false.

Hell! There was a video on youtube where some guy tested out the rumor with his SuperCard Dstwo! He updated the system and guess what? No Bricks Here!
Do you mean my video?

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I just got a 3ds and I upgraded my dstwo to play on it, everything works fine.

Now, I've heard about these rumors... what happens if I connect to nintendo WFC, like the eshop and all that while also having a dstwo? Could nintendo ban me? Brick my console?

I haven't updated or connected to the internet yet because of that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I just got a 3ds and I upgraded my dstwo to play on it, everything works fine.

Now, I've heard about these rumors... what happens if I connect to nintendo WFC, like the eshop and all that while also having a dstwo? Could nintendo ban me? Brick my console?

Nothing will happen. This thread is about disproving the bricking rumor.

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Nothing will happen. This thread is about disproving the bricking rumor.

That's good to hear.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Scare tactic?Wii got bricked!Completely unusable,I've seen it.
What. No. It doesn't happen, neither on Wii (except a rare case involving Korean Wiis, but that's probably more of a fault that has to do with some wrong hacking methods, than a real bricking intention on Nintendo's part) or a 3DS.

And it won't ever happen. EVER.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
Peop
What. No. It doesn't happen, neither on Wii (except a rare case involving Korean Wiis, but that's probably more of a fault that has to do with some wrong hacking methods, than a real bricking intention on Nintendo's part) or a 3DS.

And it won't ever happen. EVER.

People got it bricked as I heard by installing stuff that wasn't working,I seen it bricked,but I wasn't sure it was nintendo who did it.So i'm wrong but it could still get bricked by installing a menu for an older system version.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Peop

People got it bricked as I heard by installing stuff that wasn't working,I seen it bricked,but I wasn't sure it was nintendo who did it.So i'm wrong but it could still get bricked by installing a menu for an older system version.
Users' carelessness is their fault alone. Bricking a Wii by installing wrong stuff is just like pouring water on your 3DS. I wouldn't call that bricked, though. I'd call that BROKEN.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, my 3ds xl still works, even after accidentally putting in an antique flashcard that didnt support 3ds or anything. so, i guess they dont.
however, i think it would not be impossible if they wanted it. they're not going to do it though

HorreC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same thought of when we get our WiiUs, if you happen to have a flashcart in when you do, will it see it and ban the pairing for any amount of time? Or maybe worse? Guess we will see sunday.

ShawnBurress

HI i'm Shawn, i love "Loither Squad."
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PEOPLE I SWEAR TO GOD nintendo won't brick. why? k if you connect u 3ds to the internet then yeah ur for for. but if you never connect it to the internet then you ARE in the safe zone. why? because think about nintendo never was able to brick a system they can't find on the internet. so BAAAAMM ur proof look it up not 1 person alive was bricked if you do this

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
PEOPLE I SWEAR TO GOD nintendo won't brick. why? k if you connect u 3ds to the internet then yeah ur for for. but if you never connect it to the internet then you ARE in the safe zone. why? because think about nintendo never was able to brick a system they can't find on the internet. so BAAAAMM ur proof look it up not 1 person alive was bricked if you do this
Way to bump an old topic :glare:
Nintendo can't break the law, as simple as that, read the second post!
And who wants a 3DS and never connect to the internet? It's one of the system's main features.

wth are you smoking?!

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
And who wants a 3DS and never connect to the internet? It's one of the system's main features.

wth are you smoking?!

That's not the result of him smoking, its the result of him being 10 years old..

Reactions: Black-Ice

ShawnBurress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wth are you smoking?!
uh not just the 3ds also dsi dsiXL but if ur not gonna do this be my guest but in japan the laws might be different so if they brick you, not my fault

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
uh not just the 3ds also dsi dsiXL but if ur not gonna do this be my guest but in japan the laws might be different so if they brick you, not my fault
Pfffft, please read the 2nd post in this thread. It's not only about legal action, the bricking rumor is stupid as shit, nothing like this have happened before and neither will happen.

What do you mean by also dsi dsiXL?? Seriously, grow up and come back when your old enough.

ShawnBurress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pfffft, please read the 2nd post in this thread. It's not only about legal action, the bricking rumor is stupid as shit, nothing like this have happened before and neither will happen.

What do you mean by also dsi dsiXL?? Seriously, grow up and come back when your old enough.
wi-fi work's on dsi & DSI XL(DSI XTRA LARGE)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs