3DS best online multiplayer

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Zetman, May 18, 2017.

1. Zetman
    OP

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    List your favorite games that you like to play online.

I play mario kart 7, theatrhythm final fantasy, mario sports superstars and pokemon moon. Sometimes super smash bros.

2. Oschara

Oschara GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Monster Hunter Generations

3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Basically Monster Hunter games are great online because all the people in the hall are either winning or losing but all together.

4. Oschara

Oschara GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Have you played generations. If so which do you think is better?

5. AJS

AJS Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    I'd say 4U. Generations lacks so many things that 4U did have, although new stuff was added that 4U does not have.

Both are lovely for the multiplayer mode.

Oschara likes this.
  6. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    I play barely online - and if then Only MK7. (I prefer playing different consoles)

Last edited by queendude, May 18, 2017
  7. Nim112

Nim112 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    Cote d'Ivoire
    i would say mh4u is better, but for the story and how you get into the game in that way. Gen it's fun, and more dynamic, but it's kinda lazy, and really short on introducing and developing the game

AJS likes this.
  8. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I never really played a MH, everyone tell good about it's multplayer, but I'm afraid that it's the kind of game that take you too much time (like harvest moon/Story of seaons ) so I just started playing the wii version one time haha so Idk
    but I'm also looking for nice online games... I jut play smash bros and get angry mostly of the time because I'm too bad at it :v

9. AJS

AJS Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    I would say: yes, it could be a big time spender. Keyword: could. If you want to completely max out a certain build then prepare yourself for a ton of charm (talisman) farming.
    If you would start with monster hunter (for the multiplayer), then I'd suggest going with MH generations. Simply because single player is (mostly) neglected there when it comes to advancing in the multiplayer + charm (talisman) farming is basically optional due to hunter styles & arts.

But yeah, the game is about farming, but you have control over it if you really want to.

Last edited by AJS, May 18, 2017
    Sliter likes this.
  10. ieatducks4655

ieatducks4655 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    New Zealand
    Hastings,New Zealand
    I usually only play Pokémon online but I will sometimes play smash or mh4u depending on how bored of pokemon I get

11. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Yes. I'd still vote 4U too but I don't know if my reasons are so valid :P

I didn't really like the styles. That's kind of a "ok, we've got 12* weapons and we want many many more, how do we do that? Just change bits here and there and call that new gameplay"... But not really. I liked switching from Great Sword to Dual Blades to Insect Glaive to Charge Blade because they were different, I don't want weapons that are the same but not the same but still same. Plus the fact that with Adept, I find myself spamming evades and that's basically all I'm doing. Ok, I have to pay attention to what the monster does, but I still try a lot less things than in 4U.
    *note, I didn't check how many they had exactly

I didn't like the online hall's look either. Grass and sky. Reminds me of Windows XP. The Guild Hall was much mure stylish though it had less features. I'd agree that the Elder Hall was boring though.

I wasn't so fond of the new music either. I mean, hear the Gore Magala's music in 4U. Well ok, maybe not so awesome. Then hear the Shagaru's. You like it or not... Then hear the Chaos Gore Magala's. You still have the right to not like it, but damn, the Chaos is an irregularity somewhere in between the Gore and the Shagaru, and its music is an irregular piece that takes from the Shagaru's and the Gore's! Meanwhile, the Great Maccau has a circus music or something. Well ok, not exactly a flagship, but that's not the right way to make a good first impression.

And the Gogmazios at the "end". It was some wall to overcome for people who were playing with Mizuha sets lol. And the first time you meet it, you get that communist music in your ears, you're like "ok, I'm doomed", and indeed you lose. Then after some fights, you manage to survive for 10 minutes, you think you get the hang of it, you almost get bored and you think that well, it's not so hard actually. And the music changes lol. You signed in for Monster Hunting and here you are, playing a Sudden Death in Smash Bros, trying to avoid everyone's final smashes or something. :P Ok, then you've got 1 smart person in your team, activating that big cannon at the back. It lands on the big guy. And the Monster Hunter theme starts and plays until (hopefully) you win.
    There was never anything like this in Generations. Or I missed it.

This is what I'd say if you asked me why I like 4U better than Generations. But in the end, maybe it's just that I spent more than 600 hours on it, and even though I was hyped for the new game, I couldn't bear changes, even if they were intrinsically good...

______

Now, for someone who would like to get into MH today, maybe it's best to get into Gen. I guess it has more full halls than the old 4U.

12. Zetman
    OP

Zetman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Italy
    I'd like to play need for speed but i never found matchup

13. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    yeah I don't know if there are any bomberman on 3DS, but the DS version I never found match ... bomberman is such a fun game to play multplayer XD

14. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Zelda Triforce Heroes is very fun online.