3DS 6.1.0-11 not supported?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Bluewoods, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Bluewoods
    OP

Bluewoods Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2012
    Canada
    Hello. I recently got my 3DS back from the repair shop. It was replaced, so its firmware is the latest: 6.1.0-11U. Now I must find a DS console to upgrade my Supercard to the latest firmware, but, alas, it broke recently.

I was gonna buy a new one, but I'm concerned. The Supercard website's latest firmware update says it supports up to 3DS 6.0.0-11. I don't know for how long 6.1.0-11 has been out, but I'm used to Supercard releasing a firmware update barely one day after a 3DS firmware update is available. What is going on? Does that mean that DSTWO does not support 3DS 6.1.0-11 and won't support it or any further version? Am I stuck being unable to use flash cards unless I get myself an old DS?

Has someone been able to run DSTWO on 3DS 6.1.0-11 with the latest firmware upgrade? Please enlighten me if you have any knowledge about this.

Thank you.

2. pepsibluehawk87

pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2008
    United States
    Everywhere yet nowhere
    6.1.0-11 is a very minor update and didn't patch anything that works with 6.0.0-11. You're good to go as soon as you get your scds2 updated.

3. Bluewoods
    OP

Bluewoods Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2012
    Canada
    That's reassuring, thank you! Just to make sure I don't throw $50 out the window, can someone confirm that their DSTWO is working fine on their console with 3DS firmware version 6.1.0-11?

4. pepsibluehawk87

pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2008
    United States
    Everywhere yet nowhere
  5. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    I can confirm, 6.1 only fixed the fuck ups Nintendo did themselves with the Super Rushed 6.0.0.1X update. Supercard works flawlessly on 6.1

6. Bluewoods
    OP

Bluewoods Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks you two!

7. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Yes, 6.1 is actually a real system stability update and not a blocking update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice