Hardware 3DS 4.3.0-10 update relased!

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was the Acekard team, I'd wait until the 19th and see if there is another update or not. I thought by now that they would have updated it, so I updated my 3ds. >_>

Oh-well. I guess Pokemon Black 2 can wait a bit while I play Wario Land and a few others

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i just hope i can use my acekard on the 3DS XL i plan to buy
can anyone shine some light on this issue

the 3DS XL is on 3.1.0-6 out of box so as long as you have the most recent acekard update it will work
then just wait until acekard update for 4.3.0-10 and apply it to the card then update your console

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, gonna be waiting. No one has said if the old Dorasu Acekard update works or not. But yeah. I can't wait for the update though, I wanna get some more Theatrhythm DLC. Especially seeing as FFV's battle theme was released today.

D

Deleted User

im curious as to why my r4i 3ds gold from r4ids.cn hasnt had to be updated and has worked on the last 3 updates without updating it has the dorasu icon

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
im curious as to why my r4i 3ds gold from r4ids.cn hasnt had to be updated and has worked on the last 3 updates without updating it has the dorasu icon
What I'm more curious is : Why are they releasing new firmware update for their r4ids gold 3DS to work on 4.3.0-10 if the Dorasu update already works fine.
Can't users just install the previous Dorasu update?
or maybe there are different "3DS cards" and the icon is different depending on the card?

Also, I think something nice on the site download page would be to display the Game Icon used by each (old) firmware too, so we know which one we have quickly by looking at the icon.

HalMotley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So when will we see and AceKard update?
if its like the last update probably 2 weeks. at most a month

According to the official Acekard news feed there was 13 days between the news posting and the patch release. Good thing I use the Acekard 2i as a backup card, I am looking forward to getting a SuperCard DSTWO when I can afford it!

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What I'm more curious is : Why are they releasing new firmware update for their r4ids gold 3DS to work on 4.3.0-10 if the Dorasu update already works fine.
Can't users just install the previous Dorasu update?
or maybe there are different "3DS cards" and the icon is different depending on the card?

Also, I think something nice on the site download page would be to display the Game Icon used by each (old) firmware too, so we know which one we have quickly by looking at the icon.

yeah i asked that question myself, its cuz there are two versions of the R4i gold 3DS that have different bootloaders. narnia and dorasu were run by the same firmware but cuz they have different bootloaders the icons turned out different. thats why the narnia icon cant change into a dorasu icon and has to be updated with new firmware. oh, and if u go on the r4ids.cn website and go to products and scroll down, there'll be a list of all the icons and the firmwares they run

xbitcool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO update: http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/Firmware/Firmware_v1.17_eng.zip

Tested and working on 4.3.0-10 update.

Update the topic.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When it's done

I wonder how long it will take before people start pissing and moaning about the updating taking so long?

Reactions: 3 people

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah i asked that question myself, its cuz there are two versions of the R4i gold 3DS that have different bootloaders. narnia and dorasu were run by the same firmware but cuz they have different bootloaders the icons turned out different. thats why the narnia icon cant change into a dorasu icon and has to be updated with new firmware. oh, and if u go on the r4ids.cn website and go to products and scroll down, there'll be a list of all the icons and the firmwares they run
oh, I checked only the Download page, I didn't see they had the icons on the product page. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: 1 person

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
haha i shouldv'e researched more when I decided to get a new flashcart, I opted for the R4i gold 3DS. not that im complaining about it, their hacking is top-notch, but now I've been reading that a lot of people are liking the SuperCard, especially since it even plays GBA games. oh well~

GBA and SNES emulations on Supercard is medicore. A lot of GBA/SNES games are playable, but all suffer graphic/sound/speed glitches that greatly distracts gaming.

I guess a lot of people don't know how to play around with some of the settings...I've played many games and have barely had any of the mentioned problems once I adjusted everything right.

Oh I did too. Setting CPU speed on full, adjusting frame skipping, etc. Still run into sound glitch, slowdown, and missing graphics during gaming. SNES emulations is better because SC team released source code, but GBA emulations is not so good.
I don't know what you're doing wrong then. GBA for me is nearly flawless.
Same here. All the games I play work with no graphical or sound problems at all. I'm loving the SCDS2!

Try playing games that require more precise button timing and you will notice it. For example, try to get the rhythm down in Mother 3 or try playing Mario World. I haven't noticed many graphical glitches with GBA (more with SNES, such as in the Mana series) the main issue is speed, specifically input lag.

It beats the hell out of the Palm III "Liberty" GB emulator that ran at 50-75% normal with no sound though.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
When it's done

I wonder how long it will take before people start pissing and moaning about the updating taking so long?

Apparently longer than it will take for someone to piss and moan about them pissing and moaning.

Reactions: 1 person

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Natsu Dragneel, I also have an old r4isdhc silver.It seems that they will not release the patch for the old one.If they do not release the patch for the old one, I will never choos the cards released by them and tell my friends to keep away from r4isdhc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw