3Desmume dosen't work

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by AriyaIsTheBest, Feb 15, 2017.

1. AriyaIsTheBest
    OP

AriyaIsTheBest Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    My system is the New 3DS XL v.11.3.0-36U, and my homebrew method is through SoundHax. I do not have CFW. When I go to the homebrew launcher, 3Desmume only shows up as folders and not a program. What should I do?

2. Magical Sheep

Magical Sheep The Super Stylish Black Cat

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    Open the folder and it should be within, and you'll be able to launch it, however I'm pretty sure development on it was stopped.
    You could try using TWLoader, but I'm unsure if the 3dsx build can actually play games or not.

3. KapuDaKoopa

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    there's no point in trying to get 3Desmume running, as that project was scrapped awhile back in favor of TWLoader and runs like garbage. If you can't get CFW, there is no way to run DS backups without a flashcard at this time.

4. Mnecraft368

Mnecraft368 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 8, 2015
  5. AriyaIsTheBest
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Well, I don't have CFW for TWLoader, and I don't think there's a 3dsx file in there. Will check soon. The folder that I open looks like this: 3desmume>3desmume>Core files or something of that nature.

6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    the 3dsx version of twloader is completely useless. Also @AriyaIsTheBest, make sure that the file structure on your sd card is SD:/3ds/3desmume/3desmume.3dsx because i know it isn't. Also, without a cfw, there aren't any playable games. Yoshis island ds is almost playable even with cfw, so i'm not sure how well it will run for you. It also has no save support.

Last edited by Giodude, Feb 15, 2017
    Magical Sheep likes this.
  7. AriyaIsTheBest
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Thank you so much for letting me know! I'll put a pin in it and see what happens.