Hacking 3d Video Ripping/Coding Thread

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't found a topic for this so let's talk about it. The 3DS has a 3d video of some dogs and cups. Has anyone successfully extracted this video? If so has anyone figured out the file type/codec used?

If we could figure this out we could take SBS or HSBS files and transcode them to a format the 3DS recognizes. It may be early, so we may need to wait for the 3D video recording capabilities with an upcoming update. I just think it would be awsome to watch current 3D movies on the 3DS.

xdixonx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's just the file the 3DS downloads in the update. It's not the straight up video file, it'll be encrypted.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that file is encrypted, and it's not only the video.
I think it's a full channel playing the embedded video. I don't think there's a video as a file outside of the player for it to load.
The video format should even be different than the future 3D movies format.

But that doesn't change anything, if you can decrypt it, the video frames should be inside.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cyan said:
But that doesn't change anything, if you can decrypt it, the video frames should be inside.
Sure, but even if we do have the commonkey (which would let us decrypt) we still couldn't re-encrypt them. And we do need an exploit for loading fake-signed content (and installing it!) on the 3DS
tongue.gif

So nothing for now
tongue.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is there a format already out there for 3D camcorders?
They followed fuji for 3d pictures so it's possible they'll follow the standard for 3D video too.
When they finish the video recording there'll have to be a playback fuction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol