Hacking 3D movies on DSTWO

picstruck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a supercard dstwo for my 3DS and I was wondering if it could play 3d movies if i put them in it through moonshell or some other hombrew? Also, can dstwo go into dsi mode?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1) I don't think SCDSTwo can playback 3d movies, even on the 3ds or even using the most powerful media playback homebrew with dstwo's extra power.
2) DSTwo can't go into dsi mode (although I don't get much point in dsi mode anyways :P). The only flashcart with dsi mode support is the iEvo irrc.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Supercard is not made for 3DS, it only plays normal DS games and normal 2D avi movies. I think there is no way we can support the 3D mode with the card. Since that would require use of 3DS-MODE which is not hacked yet!

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right no 3ds mode= no 3d movies,no 3d anything

what we need to do is figure out how the 3ds nintendo video app works

i mean i already have been backing up my 000000 folder, and i can put back videos after they get taken down ,but i cant understand how it works, first of all there are too many files ,like 9 files for 4 videos, and then 6 files that are large and about the same size
and no file extension information

if we could figure out how to make our own 3d videos and encrypt them in the nintendo video file format ,similar to how we can take an mpo file and rename it and have it be seen by the photo app
then we could get 3d video playing without a card or an exploit

picstruck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I thought that because the 3DS screen is already 3D that it could play back movies in 3D without 3DS mode but I guess I was wrong.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no the ds mode on the 3ds is exactly the same as it is on the real ds, right down to the type of encryption you can use for the wifi , because i was hoping that i could finally use my ds games and play them online or use homebrew online when connected to a wpa network but you cant you still can only connect to weak seurity wep encrypted networks in ds mode ,even though in 3ds mode the 3ds will be able to connect to networks that use wpa encryption, they even kept the settings seperate,
which sucks , i figured that once i set my 3ds on my wpa wifi network that i could use it in ds mode on my wpa network, but you cant even do that, you can still only connect to wep networks for playing ds games from a flashcard or any ds game or homebrew

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes the Supercard dstwo can play 3D movies as a 3d movie has nothing special about it, just as an MKV file has multiple subtitles/audio tracks, BUT it also needs the 3D mode to be enabled in order to see the 3D. don't anyone question this as it's the truth. :D

Now with the update coming along soon, 10 minute 3D movies can be made, so potentially you can split a avi/mkv into 10 minute chunks and play that back in full 3D, but first someone will have to get a 3D video which has been made using the new feature and disassemble it bit by bit to see how it's made so a converter can be made..

Reactions: 1 person

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No it can't.
There are 3 types of modes on the 3DS.
DS Mode - DSi Mode - 3DS Mode
The Supercard runs on DS Mode, so it can only do things on the 3DS/DSi that it can do on the DS.
DSi Mode was hacked not that long ago, very few cards have it.
3DS Mode has not been hacked and 3DS Mode is necessary to use all of the 3DS' features such as 3D.
Imagine that you got 3 Consoles built into one, you can only use the Supercard with the DS parts of the console.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Can the DSTWO play a 3D movie? Possibly, but in such a case if it were true, it would only playback one of the multiple video streams at any given time. There is no reason to go and waste processing (if there was enough remaining to do so) on extra streams when it is not possible to display them. DS-mode has no way of being able to access 3DS features, and it will never be able to.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no acces to the 3d screen in ds mode, supercard dstwo runs only in ds mode
and i dont thing there are 3 modes on 3ds i think they combined 2 of them ,so there are only 2, but i could be wrong, i think dsi mode was combined with 3s mode,since it cant really be conbined with ds mode since you cant access eshop in ds mode, but you can access the eshop in 3ds mode,

and yeah just wait for the nov 4th euro fw update, then you do 3d video without a flashcart,or converting anything,
lets just all keep our fingers crossed that it lets us still use flashcards after the new fw update
go dammit i hope they will add a flash support feature to the browser now too

also anyone know if the hulu app is for hulu plus only? or can it be used to vies regular free hulu content,
not really sure why anyone would pay for hulu and netflix, or hulu at all over netflix, but i hope netflix will get 3d movie payback now too, its long overdue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: