MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What all games are out there for the DS that are of the 3D hack-and-slash variety? I'm thinking along the lines of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles... which I have and beat a few times over. (Level 99 in multiplayer, Clavat.) The less usage of the touch screen, the better.

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Dungeon Explorer, there are no touchscreen controls at all, it's a great game and it's a pure hack'n'slash.

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Minox_IX said:
Dungeon Explorer, there are no touchscreen controls at all, it's a great game and it's a pure hack'n'slash.

Lmao I think he means to hack and slash by pressing buttons not pressing a command and watching your character hack and slash ;p

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha yeah, I want a fully manual hack-and-slash if that makes sense. Soma Bringer? Never seen it, although I've heard good things about it. I'll definitely check it out. And Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword is completely stylus-based, which I don't want.
tongue.gif

EDIT: I just looked at an IGN review for Dungeon Explorer... seems kinda... gruesome and... dark, for lack of a better phrase. I like it!
tongue.gif

Seaniam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How about 'Eragon'?
Does have touch screen controls for spells and stuff.. but you can kinda get away without them if you dont want to. Mostly just level up the sword and smash away. Good fun.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's the Pirates of the Caribbean games.....those were "walk along and bash on dudes" types of games.

That latest Lord of the Rings game is a hack'n'slash.

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FFCC: Echoes of time

really good story with online multiplayer. and puzzles are more difficult to figure out alone, compared to FFCC:RoF

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
eine said:
FFCC: Echoes of time

really good story with online multiplayer. and puzzles are more difficult to figure out alone, compared to FFCC:RoF
I would play that one, but I can't read a single word of Japanese.

Same with Phantasy Star 0.
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm like 5 minutes into Soma Bringer and it's pretty good so far. I don't dig the automatic attacking with one button press, though. I do two sword swings (I'm a dual-wielder) with one tap of the A button and I can't link attacks so far. I hope things get better in the combat system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4