360 Media Center Extender

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Moose13, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Moose13
    OP

Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2008
    United States
    New York
    I can't for the life of me get my 360 connected to my Vista 64 machine for MCE.
    I thought it was my norton firewall, but I disabled it.

My 360 sees the net fine for XBL, so I can't figure out wht it doesn't connet to the PC.
    I entered the console code that the 360 gave me but it does not detect it.

Maybe there's a setting on the wireless router that I need to adjust?
    Any suggestions?

2. mikilol

mikilol Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2007
    Belgium
    Got the same problem over here mate, only thing is i use XP , but cant get it to work. i Do think it has to be with my router. a year ago i did this aswel and it worken, only thing back then was that i was using the Xbox wirreles network adapter and a D-link router, now i use a router from my internet provider and a connection trough a cable. 've been searching for the solution for ages, i started to give up [​IMG] i just put my movies and stuff on a USB-stick to watch

3. clivefrog

clivefrog Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2006
  4. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
  5. Moose13
    OP

Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2008
    United States
    New York
    I tried out Orb. The 360 sees the PC and the folders I assigned but I can see any files. If I try to play any videos, if gives me an error, which I suspected is because a codec or something, but when I tried to view pictures, it tells me no files found. It was late last night and I didn't fell like messing around with it. I'll give it a go again tonight.

6. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    MCE uses different router ports than XBL so you gonna have to forward them for it to work. I had the exact same problem and now it works fine.

7. Moose13
    OP

Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2008
    United States
    New York
    How do I do that? I'm not very good at networking...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice